Chapter 11 ~ Goodbye

That morning, the sea was rough. It was pretty cold. The day was not a good day at all.

Somewhere around 6:30am, Anthony came over my house to help me put all of my stuff in the car. We were pretty silent, since we were basically throwing all of our memories into it.

"Maggie, please take a picture of your new apartment and send it to me okay? I want to know what it looks like."

"Okay.I will."

I liked how much Anthony cared about me. He always wanted to know everything that was happening and he always wanted to be by my side. Well, now we were going to be a somewhere around four hours away from each other.

After we'd finished packing all of my boxes into the car, we sat on my empty bed, in my empty room, in silence. We were just looking around and remembering all of the fun times we had.

"I'm really going to miss you, Anthony."

He gazed into my eyes in a hypnotic way.

"I'm going to miss you too."

Anthony pulled me into yet another tight hug, but not a half hug, a full one. Tears started to trickle down my face.

"Let's go sit outside and get some fresh air." Anthony said.

"Okay."

We walked outside and sat on the sandy ground. I can't believe this is really happening.

This time, I was the one to wrap Anthony into a hug. He hugged me back and we just sat there. Two friends who would soon be parted, and no one else in the world knew it, well except for my mom.

I looked out at the boardwalk for the last time. So many people were having the time of their lives , while this was by far the worst part of my life.

I started to think about cartoons again. Maybe things would turn out like that. Maybe I wouldn't have to move and I could stay here. Maybe I wouldn't loose Anthony after all. Maybe...

"Maggie, you ready to go, sweetie?"

Nope. I'm definitely moving.