Chapter 8 ~ Facing the Truth

I texted Anthony and told him to meet me at the beach as soon as he could. He quickly responded by saying:

Be there in 5 min.

I cried a little to myself because he probably thought that I had a nice surprise for him, but I had very sad news for him. There was still one thing that I didn't know, how was I supposed to tell him?

☆☆☆

I walked to our spot on the beach very slowly. I can't believe my mom is actually making me move back to the big city.

When I saw Anthony standing in front of me I felt like bursting into tears.

"So, what's up, Mag?"

Oh my gosh, I'm really going to miss that nickname.

"Um, Anthony, there's something I have to tell you, but it isn't very good."

Everything about him seemed to get smaller.

"Well, what is it?"

I cleared my throat.

"I um, I'm, I have to,"

I took in a deep breath.

"I'm moving back to New York tomorrow."

Both Anthony's eyes and my eyes burst into tears. He grabbed me into a tight hug that only made me want to cry more. How was I supposed to survive without him?

He stopped crying enough to say,

"Please tell me this is one of your lame jokes, because I really don't want to loose you."

I felt even more upset now, but I said between sniffles,

"I'm not joking, Ant. I really don't want to leave you either. What am I going to do without you?"

The two of us just stood on the beach hugging each other until I sadly said,

"Well, I guess I should pack."

Anthony looked at me so sadly that it broke my heart.

"W-well can you still meet me tonight by the ocean? It will be our last night together."

I nodded.

"Of course."