Chapter 17 ~ Principal's Office

Everyone piled into the immense school. I reluctantly followed Josh to Principal Remerez's office. He wanted to ask if he could give me a tour, and I just needed to meet him.

   Mr. Remerez was just sitting at his desk doing something on the computer when we walked into the main office. I could see him through the glass window. Instead of going over to the principal's office, Josh walked over to one of the two secretaries, so I followed.

"Hello Mrs. Peterson. Would you mind if Maggie and I saw Principal Remerez for a little bit?"

   Mrs. Peterson smiled.

"Not at all, Josh."

   Josh signed some paper and told me to sign it, too.

"What is this?"  I whispered.

"Just some paper that they have everyone sign. It's no big deal."

   So I signed my name on the paper and followed Josh into the the principal's office. Mr. Remerez was still sitting at his desk doing something on the computer.

   Josh knocked on the door.

"Hello, Mr. Remerez. May we come in?"

   Mr. Remerez smiled and said,

"Of course."

   We walked over to him and sat down in the two chairs in front of his desk.

"What can I do for you?"

   Josh looked at me straight in the eyes like he was trying to tell me something only with them. I got the message. He would talk first.

"Sir, I was just wondering,since Maggie is new here, if I could give her a tour?"

"Well of course you can! I'll give the two of you passes so you won't get in any trouble."

"Thank you sir!" We both said at the same time.

   We left the office and headed down the hallway. Everyone seems nice, I've already made a friend, I don't know. Maybe it will be different here.