Chapter 5 ~ Surfing

We ran up to the ocean with boards on hand and swam out far enough to surf.

I felt so alive floating on the sea. The thing I love most is when you are underneath a wave and you see it curl over you.

I am much better at surfing than Anthony. He always wipes out. It makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I fall off my board from laughing so hard.

As we surfed, some dolphins swam past us. They were ever so playful. They all swam away after a little while. Well, almost all of them.

One little dolphin stayed close to Anthony and me. It liked to swim around our surfboards.

"I think this little guy likes us." Anthony called over to me.

"I guess so!"

The tiny dolphin refused to follow it's pod as they continued to swim on the ocean. He just jumped and swam with us.

"We should give him a name!" I yelled at Anthony.

"Um, what about Fishie?"

I glared at him a little bit.

"No, I don't think that's a good name."

It seemed like Anthony was thinking.

"What about Silky?"

"No, I don't think that's right."

He thought some more.

"How about Bubbles?"

Bubbles. That was the perfect name for our new dolphin friend.

"Yes! That's it! It's the perfect name for him!"

Anthony smiled as I turned to the dolphin.

"Your name is Bubbles, okay little guy?"

Bubbles made a lot of sounds with a happy expression on his face. I laughed.

"Glad you like it!"

Anthony checked the time on his waterproof phone.

"We should head out onto the sand so we can watch the sun go down, Maggie."

I frowned a little.

"Goodbye, Bubbles. Have fun with your family!"

Bubbles squeaked back and swam off into the vast ocean.

Anthony and I swam out of the sea and sat on our blanket, ready to watch the sun go down.