Chapter 36 ~ Last Day

I woke up next to Anthony on his couch. It was 9:00am. I only slept for four hours? I turned my attention to Anthony, but he was still asleep. Apparently, I had fallen asleep on his legs.

I carefully got off of him, being sure not to wake him up, and I went upstairs. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed that I had bad bed head and I laughed to myself.

I grabbed a brush and straightened out my hair. When I was done I put on a yellow sweatshirt with some ripped black jeans. I then fanned my hair over my shoulders and crept down the stairs. Anthony was still asleep. I made my way out of the house without waking him up.

I then continued to walk over to the little wall the separates the boardwalk from the sandy beach. I hopped on top of it and sat down. It was so peaceful to just look out at the sea, along with the beach. All the families and friends just hanging out and having a good time. I hope they're having a good day.

I sat there for a few minutes, though I'm not exactly sure how long I was there. I was just soaking up the view because I knew I wouldn't see this place for a long time.

Just then, I heard footsteps from behind me coming closer. Someone had hopped up next to me. When I looked, in saw that it was Anthony. He smiled at me.

"Good morning, Mag."

"Good morning. I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

He shrugged.

"Kinda. I woke up and noticed that you weren't there anymore so I decided to come find you."

I hadn't looked at his outfit until now, but I saw that he was in the same clothes he was last night.

"Do you wanna go inside and get dressed Anthony?"

I let out a tiny laugh as he looked at his outfit and sighed.

"Only if you'll come with me."

"Deal, but you also have to do your hair."

We both laughed.

"Is it that bad?"

"Not really, but noticeable."

"Okay, let's go inside."

The two of us held hands as we walked into the house. Once we were inside, Anthony went upstairs and got ready. When he came back down, we ate some waffles and then went outside.

"Anthony, do you already know what we're doing today?"

He grinned.

"Yep."

"Of course you do. Can you let me in on the plan?"

"Of course I can. We're going to rent bikes and go on a fun little bike ride down the boardwalk. Then, as childish as it sounds, we're going to stop at the kite shop and fly some kites!"

I jumped up a little and clapped my hands once.

"That sounds so fun! What a perfect way to spend my last day!"

"I'm happy you like it. I was hard to think of something for us to do on a day as important as this."

"Whatever we do together makes me happy."

He blushed a little.

"So, you ready to go?"

"Ye- no! I almost forgot to put on the necklace you gave me. Give me a second."