Chapter 22 ~ Finally

After a 4 1/2 hour drive to Sea City, I couldn't believe we were really there. Josh and I talked to each other the entire way down. One thing was that I did want him to fall asleep while driving, but there's also something about Josh that just makes it easy to talk to him.

"Okay, so when you get to the stoplight, just turn left and his house is pretty much right there." I told Josh.

"Alright."

   As Josh made the turn, I couldn't believe it. There it was. Anthony's beach house. Just across the boardwalk. Just like mine was.

"I'll text Anthony to let him know that we are here."

"Okay that sounds good. I'm sure it would be weird if we just went into his house."

I laughed a little as I texted Anthony.

"It'll probably take him a bit since he was most likely sleeping."

"I wish I was sleeping."

I giggled.

"I know Josh, I know."

"Well, I certainly hope it doesn't take too long. If I fall asleep in the car Maggie, just leave me."

Again, I chuckled.

"Will do."

About half an hour passed and ,of course, Josh fell asleep. I did whatever I could to keep myself from falling asleep. I did a little drum solo on the armrest, sang a little, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Another ten minutes passed, there was still no sign of Anthony, and Josh was snoring loudly.

After another ten minutes, I was about to give in and fall asleep when I got a text.

Sorry! I just saw this! I'm coming out now.

I smiled. This is the moment I've been waiting for. I haven't seen Anthony in ,how long has it been? I don't care. I just can't wait to see him.

The wooden door to his house opened and he cane out, almost running. I jumped out of the car and ran towards him. Once we met, we gave a huge hug. It was the biggest hug we've ever hugged I think.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're actually back Mag!"

At this point, I think we were both crying a little bit.

"Neither can I! It's been so long, I really don't think this is real."

"You better believe it Mag, because it's true."

We eventually let go of each other.

"Where's your friend?"

"Oh, he fell asleep in the car. He was the one that offered to drive me all the way down here."

"Well, I thank him for that. Without him, I don't know if I'd ever gotten the chance to see you again."

We smiled at each other for a moment. Then Anthony asked me something.

"Do you wanna go onto the beach for a little while? Just the two of us. I'm guessing that your friend there will be with us all the time."

My heart was full and I was so happy that he asked me that.

"Of course! Let's go."

We walked over to the beach. Just the two of us.