Chapter 20 ~ Texting

I walked into my bedroom and kind of flopped on the bed. I put my earbuds in and laid down. You know, made myself comfortable. I then started to look through my phone.  Oh, Anthony sent me a text.        

Sent at 8:53 am

Hey mag! I just wanted 2 let u know that today will b fine. Just have fun! Tell me all about it when u get out of school. Bye!

I just had to text him back.

Hi anthony. I'm out of school now.

I got a response almost immediately.

Great! How was it?

Not good, I'll tell you that much.

Awe. :( Why?

Stuck up jerks.

What'd they do?

Well, 2 of them just stood there and laughed while the other 1 "taught me a lesson" and punched me and stuff.

OH MY GOD! ARE U OK?

Yeah, I'm fine.

NO U R NOT! OH MY GOD!

Anthony, I'm fine. Just a little sore.

IF I WERE THERE...

Well you're not. :(

I sighed. Anthony always did stick up for me.

I know. I just wish I were there with u. That has to b 1 of the worst 1st days in the history of 1st days.

Thanks for that.

Well it's true!

Haha I know calm down.

Well, how's your mom doing?

Ok I guess.

U guess?

She seems kinda the same, but a little better.

That's good at least.

Ok, I'm done with how my life is going. How's yours?

I made a few new friends andddddd I MADE THE SOCCER TEAM!

Wow! That's amazing Anthony! I knew u would.

Thanks. I never would've tried out if it weren't for u.

You're welcome. I guess I'm just amazing. ;)

Haha u r! And the best friend ever!

Awe, u r 2!

We stopped texting only for a minute because we didn't know what to talk about. Then I knew what to say.

Oh! I forgot 2 tell u. I wore the necklace u got me today!

Yay! Well, there's your little piece of me and Sea City to b with u always.

Yeah. I'm never gonna not wear it.

Haha ok.

Kinda changing subjects but that guy Josh showed me around the school all day.

That's nice of him.

Yeah.

Well, I gotta go, Colin invited me over his house to sleepover. He made the soccer team too! He's waiting for me outside. Bye mag!

Bye! Have fun!

I guess things are turning around for Anthony. Colin NEVER talked to us before. At least Anthony made time to talk to me. I'm sure he always will even if he gets super popular, right?