Chapter 32 ~ Dinner

Anthony and I made our way to a pizza place on the boardwalk called "Pete's Pizzeria." We found a good table and Anthony went over to order a pizza.

As he left, about four girls our age walked and sat in the seat behind where we were sitting. They started talking and I couldn't help but listen.

"Why is Anthony missing so much of school?"

As soon as I heard that, I listened even closer.

"I'm not sure. He never skips, so it couldn't be that."

"Well, I thought I heard him say something about staying home with a friend all week. He's been doing his work at night."

"Who's the friend? Bet he's cute if he's friends with Anthony."

"Not he. It's a she."

"Omg are you serious?"

"Yeah. It's crazy."

"Guys, I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"I like Anthony."

"Me too!"

"So do I!"

"Wow that's crazy we all like the same guy."

"Who wouldn't? He's amazing."

"Let the war begin ladies. There's a whole world of girls and only one of him."

"Does she go to our school?"

"No. He mentioned something about her driving from somewhere about five hours away."

"Well, she can't possibly be with him with a distance like that."

They kept talking, but Anthony came over with our pizza, so I didn't listen anymore. The girls must have noticed after a little bit because they lowered their voices a lot.

Anthony our slices in our plates as he said,

"I wasn't sure what to get, so I just got plain cheese. Is that okay?"

I smiled.

"Cheese is my favorite."

He sat down once we both had a piece and we started talking.

"So, Mag, I have a question for you."

"What?"

"Do you think the distance is effecting our friendship? I know we can't always talk to each other and that kinda makes me sad."

My face went down a little bit.

" I mean a little bit, but we're still as close as always. It stinks that I only have three days left to be here, though."

"Yeah, I wish I could see you every day. It's not the same without you. It's like part of me is missing."

   I grinned a little.

"It's the same in New York. Without you, I don't really have anyone. I mean, besides Josh. It seems like you've made a lot of friends, though."

"I guess so. None of them come close to you."

   I gave a big smile, but it died down slowly.