Chapter 6 ~ Memories

When we arrived at our blanket, the two of us plopped down next to each other. We were silent until Anthony said,

"Today is a special day, Mag."

I gazed into his hazel eyes with a confused expression on my face. Anthony laughed and said,

"Somewhere around nine years ago today I asked you to sit with me on this very spot on the beach. Around nine years ago, we became friends. Around nine years ago, I gained the bestest friend in the entire world. That's why I got you this."

I started to get emotional as he held out a necklace with a gold chain and a tropical flower on it.

"It's so beautiful!"

Immediately, I put the georgous necklace around my tanned neck and admired it for a while.

Anthony smiled.

"I'm happy you like it. I was a little worried that you wouldn't."

I gasped the biggest gasp that has ever been gasped on the earth.

"Why would you even be nervous for a second!? It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!"

The freckles on his face stretched into a lovely smile. He looked as though he was remembering something.

"Maggie, do you remember our first night here?"

I started to grin as he continued.

"You were so amazed at the sight that you couldn't look away even for one second. We ended up staying there until almost midnight!"

I laughed.

"Hey, in my defense, where I lived in New York, you can't see a view like that!"

Anthony started laughing with me.

As the sun started to go down, we started to go a little quiet. Occasionally making little comments on the scenery. (I kept secretly looking at my necklace)

Once the sun was just above the water, I felt Anthony's arm wrap around me. It felt very... comforting.
I laid my head on his shoulder, unsure of how he'd react, and watch the sun disappear into the sea.

We stayed there for a bit and then awkwardly stood up and walked off the beach together.

I hope that everyday will be this amazing.