Chapter 25 ~ Morning (continued)

Once I was outside Anthony's house, I darted my eyes around looking for Josh, until I realized that I was still in my pjs. Of course. I laughed to myself. Then, I saw Josh. He wasn't too far away from the house.

"Josh?"

He turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey."

"Why the heck were you out here?"

"Well, I wanted to just stop and look at the sight of the ocean a little bit because... well.."

"What?"

It seemed like he took a little deep breath.

"It's just, I've never been to the beach before, and it is so beautiful."

I walked up next to him.

"Josh, a lot of people haven't been to the beach before. Why were you so nervous about telling me?"

"You grew up here and, I dunno, I thought you'd find it offensive or you'd be sad or something."

I laughed.

"Seriously? Just because I grew up on the beach doesn't mean that I think that everyone's seen it before and that it's common nature or something."

He let out a soft laugh.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"And Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't ever be afraid to tell me anything ever again."

He hesitated, so I gave a reassuring grin.

"Yeah, okay. Promise."

We both looked at the beach one more time and I said,

"Come on, let's go eat. Anthony's stepfather made us waffles."

"Alright."

We walked back into the house and we were immediately greeted by Anthony.

"Hey Mag! I see you found your friend. I was just about to go and help you look."

I grinned.

"Yep I found him! I guess he just likes playing hide and seek in the morning."

Josh laughed.

"Yeah. I just wanted to look at the sea a little bit."

"Oh, I do that all the time, but now it's waffle time! Let's eat!" Anthony said.

Josh laughed and the three of us went over to the table and took our seats. I sat in between Anthony and Josh.

"Thanks for the waffles, John." I said.

"You're welcome, and as much as I hate to leave you kids alone, I gotta go to work. Bye!"

"Bye!" We all said in unison.

John left the house and we were all pretty much silent until we finished our breakfast. Anthony finally broke the silence though when he was finished.

"So, do you guys wanna go and walk the boardwalk and see the sights and everything when you're done?"

I didn't hesitate to answer him.

"Yes!"

Josh's mouth was full of food, so he just nodded.

A few minutes later, we went upstairs to get dressed. I grabbed a sweatshirt and light blue jeans.

"Hey, Anthony, can I change in the bathroom?"

"Yeah sure. Go right ahead, Mag."

"Thanks!"

Then I went into the bathroom and got ready for a very fun day out.