Chapter 13 ~ A New Place

Once I'd finally arrived at the outside of the apartment building, I just stood there. THIS is my new home? The tall building seemed run down, but apparently it was in good shape. What a step down from an awesome beach house.

My mother and I went up the elevator to floor 10 and found our room, number 246. At least it had a few different rooms. My room was pretty small, so it would be hard to figure out how to fit everything.

I decided to start to set up my desk. It was right next to my bed, so it was technically my nightstand, too.

The first picture I put up was the picture of Anthony and I at my birthday party. It was my favorite.

☆☆☆

Once I was done putting all of my stuff away, I figured I'd go out and take a look at the stores around my apartment.

"Mom, I'm going out for a little while, okay?"

"Okay. Be safe!"

I went outside and started to go for a stroll. There were a lot of stores, but I didn't find too many appealing.Then my eyes met the perfect place. There was a little book store just around the corner of the street. I'll go there and find something to read.

I walked through the doors and heard the little jingle of the bell above the them.There weren't too many people in the shop. Only three other people than me. One boy and two girls.

Being me, I went straight to the fiction section. I love books with mystical creatures and daring adventures in them.

I kept my eyes fixed on the book titles as I walked down the isle and...

BOOM!

I had smashed right into the boy. Great. So much for first impressions.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm really clumsy. Are you okay?"

The boy chuckled.

"It's okay and I'm fine. I've never seen you around before, what's your name?"

In shock I said,

"Um, I'm Maggie. What's your name?"

"Josh. Maybe I'll see you around sometime. Bye, Maggie."

"Bye."

Well, at least he seemed nice. I grabbed a book, bought it, and went home.