Epilogue

7 years later

   I woke up to find that Anthony wasn't next to me. I took out my phone and saw a text from him.

Meet me @ our fav spot on the beach

Ok :)

   I got dressed, brushed my hair, put on my favorite necklace, and went out to the beach. I saw Anthony sitting on a blanket in the distance.

   I started to jog as I got closer to him. When I got there, he smiled.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, my prince."

   We giggled and I sat down next to him.

"So, what did you have him mind?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, you always have something for us to do if you're asking me to join you on the beach at eight a.m."

   He laughed to himself.

"I guess you're right, but I just wanted to spend some time with you."

"We see each other everyday, you couldn't just talk in the bedroom?"

"Hey, you have something against this spectacular view?"

   He gestured to the ocean.

"No, I'm just trying to figure out what you're up to."

   Again, he laughed to himself.

   We stared at the ocean for a few seconds.

"Hey Mag, do you remember when we used to do this thing where we'd ask each other what the craziest thing we could think of was!"

"Yeah, that was always funny."

"Well, one thing we never said was being together forever."

"Of course. It's not that crazy. I'd never want to be away from you, Anthony."

"That's good to hear."

"It is?"

"Yeah."

"I thought you already knew that."

"I mean, I did, but I just needed to hear that right about now."

"Why?"

   He turned to me and smiled. He stood up, so I did, too.

"Mag, these past few years have been the absolute best years of my life."

   I started to cry. I knew what he was doing.

"I can't imagine not having you in it. You're my other half, and when you're gone there's a big hole in my heart that can't be filled with anyone else. So let's make sure that we're always together, forever."

   He got down in one knee and I had to use my hands to cover most of my face except for my eyes. He pulled out a small box and opened it. Inside was the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen.

"Maggie Carter, will you marry me?"

   I was crying so much that it was hard to speak the words, but I was able to get them out.

"Yes!"

   He put the ring on my finger and picked me up and twirled me around.

   When he put me down, we kissed each other for the first time as fiancés.

   Once we finally pulled away, I had to tell him.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

   He smiled even brighter than he had been.

"Neither can I."