Chapter 31 ~ Soccer Game

Later on that day, Anthony walked up to me and asked,

"Hey Mag, do you wanna come to my soccer game? It's in about half an hour."

   I was so happy.

"Yes! The last time I've seen you play was how many years ago? I wanna see how you've grown."

"Whoa, now I've gotta win the game and impress you? Thanks for the pressure."

"No problem. I'll just go get changed. I'm still in my pjs!"

   We both laughed.

"I am too! I need to put in my soccer uniform. You get changed in my room and I'll change in the bathroom."

"Okay."

   We walked up the stairs and went into the rooms we were going to change in.

   I searched through my clothes until I settled for some slightly ripped jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt. I also put on my flower necklace. Anthony's team colors were blue and green, so I wore a green bracelet, too. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and walked outside my room.

   Anthony was standing outside.

"Wow, aren't you being supportive?"

   I giggled.

"Yep!"

   He pretended to study my outfit.

"Hmm, I'll give it a 9 out of 10."

"And what would I have to do to make it s perfect 10?"

   He opened his bedroom door and went inside.

"Put this on and it's definitely a 10."

   He handed me a baseball cap that was blue and it said #1 FAN in green letters.

   I changed my hair to a low ponytail and put on the hat.

"Does this please you, sir?"

"Hmm, yes. It does."

   We laughed a little.

"Where did you get this?"

" I had it made. Figured you'd want something if you ever got to see me play."

"Well, it's perfect. Let's go to your game."

***

When we arrived at the soccer field, Anthony showed me to the bleachers and he ran off to meet up with his team.

"Good luck Sharks!" I yelled.

   Anthony looked back at me and smiled.

"Thanks number one fan!"

   I grinned.

   I couldn't help but notice that Anthony's teammates were asking about me. Anthony was saying something and he occasionally pointed to me, but I pretended not to notice.

   When the game started, I realized that the other team was called the Crabs. What kind of a chance does a crab have against a shark?