5. scowl

"It'll be a good change for you, won't it? I thought you hated Nyma with a burning passion." Shiro chuckled at his own impression of Keith's sarcasm. 

Keith groaned in the passenger seat of his brothers Jeep. They were in the parking lot of Altea, but he didn't feel like getting out.

"I mean yeah, but honestly I'd rather be with her than get some dumb asshole-"

"Language." 

Keith rolled his eyes. "Whatever Dad, don't you have somewhere to be?" 

"Actually I do. But I couldn't leave because someone couldn't get out of my car." He raised his eyebrows at Keith's seatbelt. Keith held a blank expression as he slowly took it off and opened the door.

"I'll pick you up afterwards to take you to the shop so you can get your bike! Don't forget!" Shiro called as Keith trudged to the front door, who lazily dropped his hand after Shiro as a sorry excuse for a wave. 

The air conditioning hit him hard in the face as he gently pushed open the glass doors with his foot. Adam was already there.

"Hey man," he spoke casually, as if there was nothing to be nervous about. "What's up?" 

"The sky." Keith deadpanned. "How are you?"

Adam smirked. "Probably better than you, you're nervous aern't you?" 

"Nah, just apprehensive." He smiled at Adam. Adams face immediately darkened. 

"Say it Adam." Keith teased. 

Adam frowned. "Come on Keith-"

"No, no I wanna hear it. Come on, it's funny." Keith was chuckling now.

Adam had a slight problem with the word, something happened when he was supposed to transition the double p's to the h and well..

"appreppensive." He stuttered quietly. Keith laughed. "What was that? Couldn't hear you.." 

"Stop! Why are you like this??" Adam blushed, pushing him to the side but he was smiling. Keith shrugged. 

"I'm good at heart." He said. Adam nodded. "Sure.." 

Suddenly, the doors opened again and in came Allura, hair bouncing around her head in little curls, her smile wide. 

"Ah, just who I wanted to see!" She caught their eyes. Adam grinned.

"Allura! How are you?" Keith waved along but stopped when he saw who was accompaning Allura.

"Lance." He muttered under his breath.

It was so sudden that Lance hadn't even noticed him yet- the boy was bouncing around with his eyes closed, earbuds in, humming loud. Keith frowned. He loved listening to music himself but this..?? Earbuds were meant to be discreet and Lance was literally..

Not that.

Then Lance's eyes were open and he was scowling. Clearly directed at Keith. Keith crossed his arms and looked away. He didn't have time for this. 

"Oh hey Lance, how are you?" Adam asked, casually breaking the tension. Keith exhaled. 

"Hey man! I'm good, you?" 

"Trying to keep this one in line..he's stubborn but I can tell he's nervous." 

Keith's frown deepened. "I'm not nervous, just...curious." He stared at his feet and mumbled it, and he knew none of them believed him. 

"Sure hotshot." Lances laugh was more like a bark. "I'd be nervous too if I was you. Heck, I'm nervous cause I might end up with you." He sneered.

Keith looked up at him. "Ya know, you're the exact type of person I don't want to get stuck with."