7. stubborn

Lance laid across his large sofa, his long legs clinging to the edge as he splayed. Matt frowned at him. "Where do I sit?" 

Lance shrugged, nodding lazily at the floor. 

Matt rolled his eyes and slid to the ground, before glancing up at his so called friend. "So what's wrong?"

Lance didn't look at him as he started up the Xbox. "What do you mean?" 

"You know what I mean." Matt laughed. "You don't call me over for video games unless your sulking." 

Lance scoffed. "Thats not true." He handed Matt the remote. He ended up sitting on the floor next to him.

"Sure." Matt sighed. "Surprised you didn't go talk to Hunk and Pidge." 

Lance didn't say anything. He had surprised himself too. He wasn't sure what made him skip their contacts and call Matt. Maybe it was how they'd force him to talk about his feelings. 

But he would kill for Hunk's cookies right now.

"I called Allura and Shiro. They should be here soon." Lance said. 

"Hm, not inviting my sis or Hunk, or Romelle. Or Keith..?" 

"I honestly only called Allura, but Shiro wanted to come see you."

Matt's cheeks turned pink and he turned away. "Oh."

Lance smiled at that, but didn't bring it up. "So how was your day?" 

Matt glanced at him. "Well. I started going to Shiro and Keith's gym right? Cause Shirl wouldn't let me live it down, so I go this morning. After I attempted a mile on the treadmill I checked out the whirlpool, ya know that warm relaxing pool downstairs. And I'm about to get in, in my swim trunks and-" 

His face turned pale. "This middle aged guy..he was super hairy. He was just washing himself in the whirlpool." 

Lance was trying so hard not to laugh at Matt's sad memory. He failed miserably.

"He was naked, Lance." Matt shivered. Lance patted him on the back. 

"That's enough." He chuckled. "Just don't go back there." 

Matt's eyes widened. "Trust me. I won't." 

"Hah, come on, let's  play." Lance said, turning on the game.

---

"Lance, Matt." Shiro nodded as he walked in. He wore his signature jacket, the black and white checkered contrast matching his hairstyle. He smiled.

"Hey." Lance said without looking up. He stared glumly at the t.v. The game wasn't over but Matt had paused it.

"Hi." Matt said glancing up. Shiro waved at him and Matt smiled.

"No. NO. You tell your manager how unfair this is---the injustice, you are discriminating against an elder because of their strong opinionated actions--- well maybe lower the price!" Allura came in, screaming at her phone, her hair in a frizz framing her face. 

Shiro shook his head as he closed the door behind her. She started walking around with her arm across her stomach, yelling at her phone. "No, don't call me back!" 

"If you didn't want me to get mad, you should've apologized.--- I'm not going to sit here and continue this, this stupid argument.--- no you started it.--- don't call me ma'am--- You know what, goodbye." Her strong accent had turned into a sluggish one, and she was breathing heavily. She put her phone down on the counter and looked up.

"Sorry about that." Her smile was back, like nothing had happened.

"Who. Was. That?" Matt asked cautiously, glancing at the phone.