49. hollywood day 3

Saturday ended with Lance, Allura, Lotor and all the other models being swept off to paparazzo interviews, and commemorative dinners with critics. Keith and the others went off to dinner on their own, exhausted from the hectic Hollywood ambience.

They pulled up to a Caribbean Grill, the cheapest place they could find- for the first time paying on their own since arriving in CA. The party of 7 bustled into the restaurant, throwing off expensive jackets and glossing over menus hungrily.

"I thought social things were supposed to be fun and rejuvenating, but I've never been more exhausted in my life." Matt said, yawning. "And I pull all nighters."

" Heh, " Shay chuckled. "That's being introverted for you."

" Still, it was real nice to see Allura and Lance up there. " Shiro said. "This is what they've been working towards this whole time, and it showed."

"You think they have Beef Wellington at the commemorative dinners.. ?" Hunk asked. " I really have a taste for Beef Wellington. "

"Oh, me too!" Romelle said. " Also, my pint of mint chip back home. " She said, Hunk nodding along.

"Hey," Pidge said, tossing a balled up straw wrapper at Keith- the wad hitting him square in the forehead. "You okay?"

Keith lifted his head, shrugging. "Tired?"

" Mhm. " Shiro said. "What's wrong?"

Everyone raised eyebrows, soft and concerned eyes turned on Keith. He sighed.

"Nothing. I just miss Lance." He smiled. " Is that a crime? "

"Awww, of course not!" Shay said. " We all miss him and Allura. It's natural. They did great today. "

"Yeah, I just wanna celebrate with him, ya know? I didn't get to say much before he was taken away." Keith said.

" I'm so, immensely proud of him. Shit, my heart hurts I'm so proud. " He chuckled dryly. 

"He knows." Hunk said, placing a hand over Keith's. "And don't worry, you'll have all the time in the world to show him."

"I'm so proud too." Coran said, sniffling and pulling out a handkerchief. "I remember my little princess, and Lance's first training camps. I never knew they'd come this far." He blew his nose loud.

They all laughed at that, patting his shoulders and giving him side hugs.

"This is a huge moment for Lance, so it's natural we're all overwhelmed too." Shiro said. " So don't worry. "

"Speaking of which, how'd the shot come out? For the zine cover?"

Keith's eyes lit up. "Good. He looks incredible. As always. Tomorrow, I'll be working all day to finalize it."

" Seems like tomorrow's gonna be another chaotic, aching feet filled day. " Pidge groaned, staring at her small shoes.

"Yep." Hunk said. "So let's eat like our lives depend on it! "

They all cheered to that, anxious for another day at the Avalon.

...

The night passed quickly, all of them passing out in their hotels before Lotor, Allura, and Lance were even let off. But everyone got their rest, and their final day in Hollywood began.

Lance woke up energized, and jumpy. He tugged the duvet off of Keith, his robe and morning face mask already intact. He started blabbering about how busy today would be, throwing random clothes at Keith's matted head.