37. aiga

in samoan, aiga means family.
______________________________________________________________________

"Damnnnn, this place is huge, man." Lance said, as him and Keith weaved through the top floors of Balmera Studios.

"Yeah, bigger than Altea." Keith said, scratching his head. " Room number? "

Lance glanced at his phone. "Almost there."

" Not what I asked-"

They were on their way to Ren's office at Balmera, ready to propose the idea of Hunk's restaurant catering the runway event, so he could save his job. It was the least the boys could do, it was Hunk.

Plus, Lance had practically grown up at that restaurant with Hunk's family, and he couldn't imagine them getting shut down after so many years of memories. It was breaking Hunk's heart.

Lance would be doing the talking. It had taken a good few hours to agree on that part, since Lance wasn't exactly ready to confront Ren. But Keith's social anxiety and short temper wasn't exactly an option either.

Keith knocked twice on the office door. "Ren?"

Lance glared at him, shaking his head. "Mr. Balmera, sir?" He said, politely.

Keith rolled his eyes. 

The door swung open, to reveal a smug looking, highly caffeinated, Ren. 

" Hi! " he said with a little too much pep, letting them in. "Make yourselves comfortable."

The office was a mess, paperwork and mugs with rings of coffee residue in them littering the desk and chairs. Whittled down pencils and chewed on pens scattered the floor, and overflowing trash bins of balled up paper and fanta cans had tipped over.

Keith raised an eyebrow at Lance, who tried to hide his smile with wide eyes. They found seats across from Ren, while the man leaned back in his lazy boy.

His electric hair was now a red ombre, matching his fiery fingernails that tapped his desk energetically.

"So." He said with a smile. " What's up? " he beamed.

Keith glanced at Lance, who cleared his throat. "Well, we have a little request..."

Ren nodded.

"We wanted to offer a proposal- for a catering deal, at the runway event!" He added the right amount of excitement, and it clearly intrigued Ren.

The guy smirked. "Do you assume I don't already have a cater?" He said slowly. " Food is my top priority, other than the models. "

Lance chuckled. "Um, no sir." he said sheepishly. "But our caterer  is very good! Maybe the best!"

Ren nodded. " Alright, so now you're saying I can't make the best choices for my company on my own. "

Lance turned pale. "Wait what-"

Ren grinned, and Keith smiled at Lance's flustered cheeks. "He's joking, Lance." Keith said, patting Lance's hand ever so slightly. Lance's head snapped to him, cheeks pink.

Keith dismissed it, turning to Ren. "What my partner means is we are only offering our own opinions, not questioning your decisions whatsoever." He hated that he'd had to step in, with his social anxiety. But Lance's embarrassment made it a little easier to not focus on his own words.

Ren laughed. "I know, I know." He picked up a mug, only to see it's empty context. " But I do already have a caterer. "

The boys frowned. "Oh." Keith said.