6. mugshot

"Ooo, look who showed up Hunk? It's  our favorite emo.." Pidge smirked as she leaned against the open door of her dorm. 

Hunks voice came from the room, "Keith?" 

She grinned. "The one and only." Keith rolled his eyes and pushed past her.

"Someone's grumpy." Pidge cocked her head as he rudely entered. 

The room had an achingly aesthetic vibe to it with Pidge's forest based wallpaper, fairy lights and white curtains. Her bed took up one-third of the small room, the top bunk her roommates, and the other parts of the room spilt for their furniture and mini kitchen, a small slither of space left where her two dogs lay lazily. Soft lofi played from Hunk's phone on Pidge's nightstand. 

Keith curled himself into the far corner of the room on her gray futon where Rover was napping. Keith patted Rover's thin brown coat and looked up at Hunk who was comfortably melting into Pidge's green comforter. 

"What's wrong buddy?" He asked. He smiled and his eyes crinkled.

"Lance." Keith grumbled, crossing his arms and looking away. Just the name of this guy made him uncomfortable. Stupid rivalry.

"Aha." Pidge laughed abruptly, closing her door and sitting cross legged beside Hunk. "So we heardddd." 

Keith raised an eyebrow only for Pidge to hold up her alien phone case. "Allura told us." She said shortly. 

Keith internally groaned. All of his friends were wayyy too close, he couldn't get a break. 

"Good, then we don't have to talk about it." 

Pidge laughed. "Nope, not getting out of this one. Allura told us how you and Lance fought."

"Did he go off and cry at her feet or something?" Keith asked sarcastically.

Hunk and Pidge shared a look. "Yeah,pretty much." Pidge said with a good humored smile. Keith rolled his eyes internally.

"I would've thought he'd come to us.." Hunk frowned. The comforter was wrapped around him now, giving him the appearance of a green burrito. 

Pidge smiled sadly. "Don't worry, we are still his number one choices. Allura was just the first there." She patted his knee. 

Hunk nodded. "But seriously Keith, you and Lance have to make up, you're jobs are on the line." 

Keith sighed. "Guys I swear I tried to work with him, I did. But his idiotic "rivalry" got in the way. He can't even stand me." He clenched Rover a little too tight, who yelped in his arms. 

"Sorry." He mumbled, stroking his ears. 

"That does sound like Lance..." Pidge said, tight lipped. 

"Maybe you guys could just talk it out and-" Hunk started.

"No." Keith stopped him with his signature scowl. "I'm not trying that again, it's not the best feeling to be shut down like that." 

Pidge nodded.

 "Let's play a game." 

Hunk and Keith raised eyebrows. "Why-?" Keith asked.

"Come on, simple two truths and a lie. I'll go first." Pidge smiled innocently.

Hunk sat up and grinned in good spirit. "I love that game." Keith narrowed his eyes though. 

"Okay, let me think." 

"I love peanut butter, I'm allergic to mice and I ate a bagel for breakfast." She smirked. "What's the lie?"