14. blackmail

Why not?

The answer was all Keith could think about, and he replayed the moment in his head. Keith couldn't lie, the rest of the shoot went by in a dream like state, what with Lance looking like that, after saying something like that. 

Finally Lance left, looking like he had arrived earlier that morning, except he still had the curly hair, that Keith couldn't erase from his mind.

Luckily for Keith, Pidge had a very important meeting (that also included Matt) for Keith to attend after work. So, hoping whatever she had in mind would clear his head, Keith headed over to Matt's apartment. 

"Hey." Keith said, entering Matt's tiny apartment. Matt was sprawled on his couch, flipping through his t.v channels. He nodded before sitting up and cutting off the t.v.

"Yo, come here." The sense of urgency in Matt's eyes made Keith hurry as he sat next to Matt.

"Yeah?"

Matt glanced at the door cautiously. "I don't know what Pidge is planning, but it isn't good man." He looked at the door again. 

Keith laughed. "What are you talking abo-"

"You're here!" 

And there was Pidge. With BaeBae and Rover on her tail, coming from the kitchen. 

"Hey Pidge," Keith said before leaning down to pet BaeBae and let Rover into his lap.

What could he say? He was a dog person.

"Oh god, what do you want?.." Matt narrowed his eyes as Pidge drew near.

She stuck her tongue out. "Rude." Then she sat down. "have a proposal."

Keith sunk into Matt's couch, and though it was an old hand me down it was extremely soft, just like the plush from today's shoot. Or like..

Lance's hair...

"What?" Matt said. Keith almost laughed again at the terror on his friends face. Sure, Pidge could be a little...reckless...but what really could she do??

Then there was the glint. That weird shiny, white glint on Pidge's glasses. And the smirk. And Keith had to admit, he was a little scared too.

"I'm sure as we both know," she gestured between herself and Keith, "Matt, you have an unhealthy infatuation with Keith's brother... Shiroooo.."

Matt's face went pale. Keith smirked. This is what they were here for??

"Uh-"

"Shh, dear brother." Pidge smiled. "Let me speak."

Matt's eyebrows furrowed.

"Shiro is...slow.. I'd say, because he can't see that you have been crushing on him since what- freshmen year?" Matt's blush deepened.

"I think it's high time you told him what's up." Pidge said. "Don't you agree Keith?"

Keith sighed. "Uh..well..it's not really my place.."

Pidge growled. 

"Well, yeah I do think he should..uh tell Shiro, yeah." Keith had cracked under her death stare.

"Pidge I can't. He doesn't like me back, it'd just be...awkward. And gross. I don't want that. I'd rather just stay silent." Matt pleaded.

Pidge clucked her tongue. "Wrong answer, fool."

Matt locked eyes with Keith as Pidge continued. "So Keith, that's where you come in. He's your brother, why don't you tell him?"

"Tell him that...what, that Matt likes him?" Pidge nodded. Keith laughed. "Dude that's so mean. I couldn't do that to Matt."