31. rollercoaster

"Fucking blue shells-" Pidge spat, throwing her wii remote on the floor.

"Hey! Hey!" Matt scrambled to get the remote, which he owned. "I used up my allowance on this set." He frowned.

" And it's still shitty, " Keith laughed. "Did someone in an alleyway sell it to you?"

Matt frowned. "It was before I was getting paid by the Garrison ok-"

"Appreciate Matt's sacrifice guys," Allura said, "Besides, it's my turn to kick butt."

" Here we go again, " Pidge chuckled.

"Ooh, my turn too then." Romelle grinned, grabbing the remote from Matt.

Keith chuckled. "None of you can beat me, I don't know why you even try."

"We'll see." Allura chuckled.

" Let's hope Romelle doesn't take five years just to pick Yoshi again... " Pidge laughed, sitting next to Matt on the floor.

Romelle frowned. "Whatever. I'm gonna use Daisy this time, thank you very much."

"An improvement I see." Matt scoffed, grinning up at her.

She shook her head. "Whatever, you already lost eight times today."

" Have not! "

"Oh, my bad it was nine-"

"Just start the game so I can beat you and Keith, Romelle." Allura smirked, choosing Princess Peach as always.

" Yeah, yeah. " Romelle said, choosing Daisy.

"Keith, why do you keep playing Rosalina?" Pidge asked, stretching her legs.

"What's wrong with Rosalina?"

" I dunno...she's boring dude-"

"What-"

"Plus," Matt started. " You should choose Mario. He has a mullet doesn't he? "

Keith subconsciously reached for the back of his head. "Don't be like Lance-"

"Ah, yes Lance.." Allura said, glancing at Keith. He heard her, but kept staring straight at the flat screen, gripping his controller.

"Besides, I wouldn't call that a mullet. It's like a... Long duck tail." Keith frowned.

" Pfft, it's a mullet definitely. " Matt said.

"No way." Keith said.

"Well, it's also animated, so can we really tell..?" Pidge started.

" Sorry to interrupt, but can we please stop arguing about Mario's mullet, and play the game?? " Romelle asked.

"Hah!! See, she agrees it's a mullet!!" Matt grinned.

"Put a sock in it." Keith muttered, shaking his head at his friend, though he smiled.

The five friends had decided to hang out for some Mario Kart at Matt's. It was Saturday, and everyone had been invited- but Coran was off on an 'antique critique' tour in Europe, or whatever he called it. He wouldn't be back until Monday. Lance was in Fairfield, visiting Rachel and the kids, Hunk was spending the day with Shay, and Shiro had work.

"Y'know, today Shiro's supposed to be giving that guy a tour of the Garrison. His crush, or whatever, forgot his name-" Matt said, after losing brutally to Allura.

"Adam?" Keith asked. Matt nodded.

"Oh... How do you feel about that?" Romelle asked cautiously.