24. new money

Matt got the call from Iverson that he had gotten the job the next monday. None of his friends were surprised, they knew he would make it.

"What did I say?" Shiro grinned when he heard the news.

Matt laughed. "You're always right."

Keith and Lance finally decided on Friday that it was time to showcase their suits to their friends. The two weeks after they had bought them had been so chaotic with finishing the display portfolio for the party, that they may have forgotten to tell their friends...

"Welcome to my casa." Lance joked as he opened the door of his and Keith's studio for his friends. In came Allura, Pidge, Matt, Shiro, Coran, Romelle and Hunk.

"I can't wait to see the suits!" Romelle exclaimed.

" I'm sure you two look dashing. " Coran nodded along.

"Wish I could've been there to help pick them out." Allura teased.

"Yeah, yeah. I wish you were there too. Keith was a pain in the ass-"

"I can hear you." Keith glared at him.

"Can't believe you actually got Keith to go shopping.." Shiro laughed.

" Yes... " Lance said. "An incredible feat." He laughed.

"I can't believe you guys forgot to tell us. I feel so betrayed." Pidge shook her head.

" Blame it on Lance. " Keith said. "He decided on not telling you guys. Wanted it to be a surprise when he came out looking like new money."

"Imagine ruining my vibe." Lance sighed.

Hunk laughed. " It's okay guys, just go change already though. I wanna see! "

"Me too." Matt said.

" Alright, alright. " Lance said.

Keith groaned. "Oh god..."

As the boys changed, everyone moved to the topic of Matt's new job.

"When do you start?" Romelle asked.

" Next Monday. " Matt said. "He gave me a week to prepare myself. Apparently the Garrison really is no joke."

" Gosh, you gotta bring me along to work one day. I wanna see so bad. " Pidge said. "The tech must be out of this world...newly updated, fresh coding systems and databases...beautiful." She said in awe.

Matt laughed. "Yeah, I'll probably bring you all along at some point."

" I love field trips! " Coran perked up. Everyone laughed.

"I'm so happy you got the job though Matt. We all know how badly you wanted it." Hunk said.

" Yeah, congrats! Again. "

"Congrats!!"

" I knew you would make it, I'm so proud. "

"Congratsss."

" Thanks guys. " Matt smiled. "Means a lot."

"You guys ready?" Lance called, interrupting the conversation.

"Ready when you are!" Hunk called back.

" Or when Keith is, for that matter. " Shiro added.

"Here we come..." Lance announced.

He came from the dressing room. Everyone's jaws dropped at the suit. The midnight blue, and the diamonds looked like a night sky on his skin. His eyes glittered and he grinned as he spun for them and struck his famous poses.