28. bromantic

Lance came to work that Saturday ready to give Keith his full, undivided attention. Since the party on Wednesday, Keith had been in a terrible mood around Lance, and Lance had no idea why.

Yesterday, they had been trying to come up with a better working schedule for themselves since they would be starting runway training soon. Alfor had given them, along with Lotor and Allura, the leisure to make their own schedules. It was exciting.

So when Keith sat him down to try and figure that all out, Lance did his best to be relaxed and sweet, like Keith wanted him to be, right?

Nonetheless, Keith ended up storming out.

For no reason.

Lance was utterly confused, and had sat at home that night trying to figure out where he went wrong.

Was it so bad to just want Keith's approval?

He sighed as he opened the door slowly to the studio, praying Keith would have a smile on his face.

Instead, he found a red faced Keith, frowning at his camera as he fiddled methodically with his dials. Lance nearly choked when he looked his friend over.

Keith's hair was in one of the highest ponytails Lance had ever seen. It practically dangled over his forehead, like a fishing line caught on something in the water.

Lance had seen Keith wear ponytails before, they were nice too. A few different styles, but never... This.

"Don't." Keith gritted his teeth at Lance's choked expression.

" I-i-" Lance stuttered, trying to keep his composure. He really didn't want a fight.

"I can't-" he finally gave in, doubling over as laughter bubbled from his shaking chest. " Oh- oh my god, Keith what the fuck-"

Meanwhile, Keith's face was ten shades redder, his eyes enraged, and eyebrows arched. He was infuriated. 

This was his punishment for breaking into Pidge's dorm... Matt's too. Just because they both had long enough hair.

Keith understood the embarrassment, both of them deserved that much, fine.

But Keith felt like it was more personal on his side. Almost like Pidge knew exactly why this would be worse for him than Matt...

"Oh woww. I haven't laughed that hard in foreverr." Lance wheezed, finally coming over to Keith. "Why, may I ask-"

"Pidge made me." Keith sighed.

At least Lance wouldn't be seeing his baby photos, or embarrassing childhood moments.

"Hah, I don't care why," Lance chuckled. " I was gonna ask, why your forehead is still so pale?? " He laughed again, pushing the ponytail out of the way to expose Keith's usually pale forehead. Instead, it was utterly pink.

"Or... Not." Lance grinned childishly, peering at Keith's forehead.

Keith frowned, crossing his arms and trying to push Lance away. He was too warm, and his hands too soft. Fucking long ass eyelashes.

Keith finally succeeded, stumbling away and scowling. "Shut the fuck up, at least my head doesn't look like a dorito, don't decapitate someone with that chin of yours, asshat."

He waited for Lance's blue eyes to turn icy with rage, but instead they softened even more. The boy began to laugh.

"Oh my fuck, that- that's like the funniest thing you've ever said!!" He exclaimed in delight. Keith watched him in shock.