26. cynical

"What can I do? I've got to get rid of this pudge." Keith frowned at Shiro as they entered the large gym down the street from their apartment. It was Thursday, the day after the party, and both men had the day off.

"Um, Keith to be honest, I don't think you need to do anything.." Shiro laughed. " What pudge? "

Shiro wore his usual workout fit, tight black shorts and a gray tank top that was low under his arms. His sneakers squeaked on the newly polished floors of the gym lobby.

Keith, who only had skinny jeans and hoodies in his closet, had to settle on just that. He had begged his brother to drag him along to the gym though.

"And besides," Shiro said as he used his membership card to sign into the gym database. " You've never cared about your body image before. "

Shiro smiled at the lady behind the desk. "He's with me, I'm going to use one of my guest passes."

The lady smiled back. "Have a good workout."

Keith followed Shiro out of the lobby, frustrated. "I mean, at some point I have to care about my weight, right?"

" Ehh, not really? Plus that's the thing Keith. You aren't the type of person to care about your weight, we both know that. So what's got you caring now, or should I say, who? " Shiro smirked at Keith as they entered the locker room of the gym.

"What-" Keith blushed. "Lance has nothing to do with this-"

"Ahh, so it's Lance. I should've seen that coming."

Keith frowned. "Shiro."

Shiro shrugged. "You're not overweight Keith, you're perfectly fine. Everyone has baby fat." He opened a locker and started shoving his duffel bag in.

" Uh, not everyone. " Keith said, punching Shiro in his toned stomach. "Hard as rock."

Shiro laughed. "Well yeah, but I used to. If you really want to lose the little bit you have, I can help."

" Please. " Keith said.

Shiro threw Keith a towel and an extra water bottle. "Here."

Keith grabbed them and watched Shiro take his own stuff and close the locker. "You sure you wanna wear that?" He nodded at Keith's hoodie and jeans.

" I mean, I don't have anything else. " Keith said. He took off his hoodie to reveal his red crop top. "This is it."

Shiro laughed under his breathe. "Alright, come on." He slipped an arm around his brother's shoulders and led him out of the locker room.

They began to ascend the stairs up to the upper level of the gym. "So, how long have you liked Lance?" Shiro asked.

Keith gritted his teeth. "I don't like Lance. It's infatuation, Shiro."

"Oh, I see." They reached the second floor of the gym, and Shiro led his brother to the free weight section where he always started his warm ups. " How long have you been infatuated with Lance? "

"Not long." Keith said. "A little before the water park trip."

Shiro's eyebrows shot up. "Oh wow. That's a while Keith, sure it's not a crush?"

Keith crossed his arms. "It can't be. I don't like the guy, or his personality. I think he's pretty."

Shiro narrowed his eyes at Keith. "Yeah, sure."

" I'm serious! "

"I didn't know a measly infatuation could cause a person to hide in a bathroom at a party." Shiro said, turning to his brother.