32. hoopty

"Coran, Coran, the gorgeous man, has returned to his humble abode!" Coran announced, entering his house, mustache bright and lopsided from being matted against the window on the plane, his pastel pink travel overalls wrinkled.

"Coran!!" Allura squealed, looking up from her phone, where she had been texting the one and only, Lotion.

" Princess! " Coran squealed back, dropping his suitcases. They embraced as Pidge waved from the couch, enveloped in her oversized hoodie.

"Ah, Pidge?" He asked, turning to her.

" She, uh- needs your assistance. " Allura said, patting Coran's shoulder.

He smiled. "Anything for Pidge, of course!"

Pidge grinned. She needed a little more than just assistance.

...

She needed a car. She was sick of walking around campus, and her feet hurt. She wasn't exactly the athletic type. She couldn't ride a bike either, and was too lazy to take Lance up on his offer to teach her.

It was nice, having friends carpool her around. But, her fellow juniors weren't as reliable as she needed them to be. And her older group of friends were too busy with their own jobs, and schedules. Alas, she wanted her own car.

Now, she was broke, of course. A few hundred bucks for a down payment, and enough to pay for a few months of insurance, but that was it.

Her parents were busy with their retirement plans, so was it really a great time to ask? Especially after she had denied getting a car since high school...

So, she went ahead and mentally prepared to ask her best friends for help.

Keith, Lance, and Allura were all too busy with modeling. So, no. She had asked Matt for too many favors already, so another no. Hunk was already struggling to pay his bills, what with the restaurant clientele so low right now. Romelle was saving up to move out of her brother's apartment. Shiro, straight up told her to just learn to ride a bike, he would buy her one. More, no's.

That left Coran.

Allura told Pidge it was a great idea to ask him, when he got back from Europe. She prayed Allura was right.

While Coran unpacked, and took a four hour nap to ease his jetlag, Pidge stayed over and did some of her school work while Allura came and went in the house, running errands on her day off.

Finally, around noon, Coran awoke, dawning a baby blue button up, leaf patterned slacks, and orange suspenders. Pidge cringed. At least his moustache's stature was restored.

He stretched as he stood in the living room door, impossibly flexible. "It feels so good to be home! Forgot that my bed was as comfortable as a Glorback's underside!" He babbled, popping his shoulders.

" Glorback..? " Pidge raised a brow, wondering to what depths of a country he had traveled to, to discover such a creature.

"Yep!! My great uncle used to run wild with them in the forests of the Garden of Florence- a secret society of endangered animals, guarding an immensely -"

" Heh, okay okay-" Pidge stopped him, shaking her head. "Sounds... Fun."

" Sure was! " Coran smirked, snapping his suspenders' straps. "I should show you my Glorback tooth, most unique pearly white you'll ever set eyes on."

" I'm good, thanks. " Pidge smiled awkwardly.

"Okie dokie." He said, bouncing over to the fridge, and grabbing one of Allura's energy shakes.