• epilogue •

may, six months later

Romelle picked up Pidge's laptop from the kitchen counter. "Where can I put this?"

"Aye, aye, careful." Pidge said, grabbing the laptop. " I'll take it, thanks. "

Romelle huffed. "Not my fault you leave your junk all over the place."

" This is my home too, leave me alone. " Pidge said, trudging off to her room.

"Yeah, well everyone's gonna be here soon, so can you help me clean?"

"Sure, just lemme do this thing real quick-" Pidge said, before closing the door to her bedroom.

Romelle smiled after her, laughing to herself. Pidge had started senior year, and decided to move in with Romelle, who was looking for a roommate to feel less lonely. They split rent, but Romelle sometimes felt like she was raising a child.

She sighed, placing her hands on her hips as her nose twitched.

"..what's that smell?" She found herself trailing the burning smell, to the oven.

The oven! "My cookies!" She exclaimed, rushing and throwing open the oven to see the burnt splotches on the foil.

She sighed. "Well. We can't all be Hunk."

With that, her phone rang. It was Allura and Lotor.

"Hey, we're on our way. We're bringing Allura's low calorie popcorn cause she won't eat anything else. That alright?" Lotor said.

" As long as it's tasty, sure! " Romelle said, as she leaned down to rub BaeBae's stomach.

"It's not trust me." Lotor said. Romelle could practically hear Allura on the other end glaring at him.

"Heh, I'm sure someone will eat it." Romelle said. "I'll see you guys soon. "

She hung up as the doorbell rang. She quickly closed the oven, rushing over to the door.

"Coran!" She exclaimed, embracing him.

" Helloooo. " He said, toting a worn briefcase. "I brought my liquors!"

" I-" Romelle frowned. "It's a sleepover, Coran. Did you bring clothes?"

"Eh, where there's a will, there's a way!" He pushed past her, chuckling to himself.

" I swear... " Romelle said, closing the door.

"Wait-wait." A hand stuck between the door with a yelp of pain.

" Oop! Sorry, sorry. " Romelle said, opening the door to see Matt holding his red hand, a girl with a strawberry blonde bun asking if he was alright.

"Matt, you made it!" Romelle smiled. " Lena! Nice to meet you, finally. " She said, embracing the girl. "Matt has talked so much about you."

Lena chuckled nervously. " Aww. "

Matt stuck his tongue out at Romelle, before pulling Lena into the apartment.

"Shiro and Adam are outside." Matt said, as he went searching for Pidge.

Coran was already at the counter setting up his liquors, and Lena stuck her and Matt's bags in a corner as Rover padded behind her cheerfully. 

"Oh good," Romelle said. Her phone buzzed. " Rachel is here too! "

Just then, the doorbell rang, and she opened it to let in Rachel.

"Rachel!"

" Melles! " Rachel said with a chuckle. Her hair had grown back out, in a loose braid down her back as she slid her bag inside. "It's so good to see you! Hi everyone." She waved.