39. fairgrounds

Was Keith in a good mood?

If you asked him, he would reply simply with, "I'm blaring MGMT, so yeah, I think I'm in as good a mood as I'll ever be."

And he was in as good a mood as he'd ever be, on his way to the downtown fairgrounds with Shiro. He was driving too, another daring feat- as Keith sucked at driving anything other than his bike.

"Why?" Shiro asked. " Something you're excited for? " He let a sly grin slip. "Someone?"

"It's been a while since I've been to a state fair, so yeah, I'm excited?" He ran a gloved hand through his messy hair, his curls a little more prominent in the late autumn air. " It's not Lance. Stop asking. "

"Oh! My bad, of course, it's not Lance." Shiro said, smiling sweetly. " Sorry dear, I didn't mean to intrude on your er- love life. " He patted Keith's hand on the wheel delicately, acting all decrepit and fragile.

Keith smiled. "Touch me again, I dare you, you old feeble man."

Shiro frowned. "Ahh, shh, you're just mad I've got a handsome boyfriend and you don't." He placed his arms behind his head, smiling.

"Right on, Takashi, I'm sooo, jealous of dating an old man. When are you two moving into the senior home, hm?" He heard Shiro burst out laughing and he couldn't help but giggle. He hadn't done that in a while.

"You wish you were me." Shiro said, when he finally stopped laughing.

"On every star." Keith smirked, tousling Shiro's tuff.

__

"Heyyy, boys." Allura said, leaning into Keith's window as he finally parked at the fairgrounds after nearly half an hour of trying to find their friends. " Took ya long enough. " she smiled cheekily.

"Yes ma'am, and thanks for the so, so helpful directions." Keith winked. "Much obliged. " He hopped out of the jeep, before heading over to Pidge, who was on the hood of Hunk's car, struggling to jump onto his back.

Allura scoffed childishly before turning back to Shiro with a practical question mark hovering over her head.

Shiro shrugged. "He's in a good mood apparently. He listened to MGMT on the way over?"

Allura smiled. "Aww, he's evolving from that dark stuff he listens to."

"Yeah, uh, he's scaring me." Shiro laughed, getting out and wrapping an arm around Allura's shoulders. "Also, am I getting old?"

She chuckled, wrapping an arm around his waist. "Nah, you'll only ever be six to me, little one."

" I'll keep that in mind. " He chuckled.

___

Pidge made it onto Hunk's back, her skinny knees scrambling to wrap around his waist, though he swore he had her. He did some little jiggs to the indie pop rock blaring from someone's car, and she sung along. The charade was saved into Keith's phone for safe keeping.

Matt was really walking around with a thick ass cream colored polaroid camera he apparently found in his parent's attic, the lens alone weighing more than his head. He looked like a vulture trying to keep it on his neck, he was bent so awkwardly, and he didn't even know how to use it.

Then Lance pulled up in Blue, with Romelle in the passenger seat, both rapping along at the top of their lungs to Eminem.

"And where were you two, fifteen minutes ago?" Keith asked, crossing his arms.

" It's called being fashionably late, babe, try it. " Lance said, dropping his weight on Keith, who just stood there, stiff as a board. 

They all started for the ticket booth, Romelle quickly asking Pidge if it was illegal for her to bring in her can of cheese spray. For desperate measures of course. Which also meant bland carnival nachos.