Chapter 1.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

_______________________

In the narrow alley of the city Varanasi, a loud cheering noise of children was heard.

"Nandini -Nandini -Nandini "

Set of thumps, bowler and fielders were scattered around the made field and batsman, or rather say bats-woman.

Spinning the handle of the bat like a pro in her hold, she zeroed her piercing gaze on the running kid with the small cricket ball.

Bending down to maintain her posture, she stumped her bat on the ground thrice and then strike the ball very harder with the bat.

With the measure of velocity and the time the ball went higher in the distance and went directly breaking through the glass of Malhotras.

Nandini's eyes widen as she slapped her forehead tightly "I'm so dead !".

The children and the opponent of the cricket were now murmuring around to each other.

"Now she is gone."

"Manik bhaiya will surely dig her grave this time."

"oh! it will be a treat to watch her getting scolded by him, again."

On hearing the muffled voices of the little punks Nandini threw everyone her deathly glare which indeed shushed them off.

A little boy came ahead and snatched away the bat from her hand "you are such a trouble Nandini didi. Now go and bring my ball back or else we won't let you play with us from the next time."

Nandini frowned seeing the boy chide "yea-yea, fine. I'm going. No need to make a hill out of a mole." pouting "punk!"

She walked out from there and straight away went to the medieval traditional-looking villa whose outlooks were still so magnifying and attractive that passing by tourists would stop once to throw a glance at the beautifully designed house.

Nandini was reluctant to enter inside when she reached the threshold of the house but a heartwarming voice shooed her all hesitancy.

"oh, Nandini beta! Why are you standing there? Come inside."

Nandini smiled brightly when she found her Sheetal Maa coming out from the kitchen with some okra and a knife on a plate. Forgetting about the purpose of her arrival, Nandini went inside toward Sheetal maa who was now sitting on jute made wooden bed in the veranda.

"Come sit." Sheetal Maa insisted on making Nandini happily sit in front of her.

"Ohh Okra!! Are you planning to make this today, maa?" the excitement was evident in her eyes when she chirped. Sheetal smiled and nodded "Manik loves Okra..and even my little she-devil also likes eating it."

"really? That's rare to hear about Meera liking veggies." Nandini giggled making Sheetal chuckle too.

"Did I just smell my name" a smooth annoyed babyish voice made Nandini and Sheetal look behind where they saw the little girl around 12 years puffing her mouth accusingly?