Chapter 24.

Staring her friend ridiculously, Navya let out a comical laugh with those woven knot hovering over her forehead.

"She..she have got to be kidding, right?"

Concern and awkwardness never left Nandini's feature as she waited for her friends to digest the news she just exploded. But all did she got was Navya's inane response, whereas the other remained sheer voiceless.

Sceptically waiting for Aryaman's response, Nandini sat hearing Navya having all sort of realization breakdown as she began hysteric on her.

"You are pranking us, aren't you?" Navya asked again.

Smiling a bit nervously, Nandini hunched further down on her seat before mumbling apologetically "Unfortunately not."

Eyes growing wide, Navya's ridicule came to cease as she blinked her eyes a moment later "So..so you mean to say you were married all this time?"

"That's what I just told, didn't I?" Nandini muttered softly looking back and forth in between her friends "I..we were married off when we were just a kid."

An unsettled pain occured into Aryaman's chest as he continued staring at the woman he has fallen very badly. Disturbed was not the feeling to describe his pain..

He was devastated..inside and out.

"And now since I'm legally grown up I'll be sent off to my in-laws house." awkwardness tinting her cheeks and ear, she explained.

Navya went quiet as she settled back and looked closely at her friend who never seemed as hideaous as she seemed now "you sure you are not fooling us?"

She pressed her lips thin as Nandini could no more mustter herself to explain further in details to her friends. Nandini just wanted to invite and make them a part into the most happiest and important day of her life but what she was not expecting was the interrogation and bewilderment her friends gave to her in return.

For a normal bieng, the thing she just disclosed was not something to be proud of, but Nandini being a sick puppy could not see the obvious in her friend's eyes.

It made her feel uncomfortable somewhat, and not to forget the intense look her other quiet friend was giving to her.

She was just expecting some sort of surprised and shocked gesture from them but little did she knew it will make them so baffled.

"Oh my goodness gracious!"

Nandini watched Navya exclaiming to herself as she seemed swallowing the news down her mind "I..I know it is surprisingly shocking for you guys..but this is what the truth is."

Nandini watched Navya slumping back on her seat before she turned her concerned gaze over Aryaman "say something, Arya."

Aryaman seemed to be momentarily snapped out of his pained thought but  the demeanor never changed as he smiled softly "well, congrats."

Even with his hurting heart, Aryaman voice seemed as warm as he always delivered to her before knowing her marital status. He was suffocating inside but seeing the glow on her beautiful face he restrained the pain he was dwelling.

How unfortunate of being in love with her where he cannot even express himself.

Lips curling into a relieved grin, Nandini sighed a breath "Thanks, Arya. I..I know I have amazed you people and I'm really sorry of hiding this from you guys. It was not something I could tell easily."