Chapter 28.

It was two in the morning when Manik found his way back towards his home.

By his appearance, he looked utterly wrenched and fatigued. Creased dress shirt and his dishevelled appearance was the hint of his exhaustion, however his eyes held the desperation and urgency of reaching somewhere.

A place where he could feel his reliefnes, his calmness and warmth at the same time.

There was no source of light in the entire house but he was accustomed just the way it is.
Without tripping and colliding with the things, he reached his room with an hope of seeing her.

Nandini.

Her mere thought itself worked as a stress reducer for him.

He pushed open the door just a little for him to get through inside and closed behind noiselessly. With an expectant thought inside his mind, Manik turned around only for his gaze to fall upon her.

He could see her ruby paited lips curled into an enchanting smile from behind the veil, while her beautiful khol lined eyes remained casted down.
The bridal adornment seemed sparkly, however it was failing miserably before her glamorous aura.

Her unbelievably ethereal luring sight was making Manik an urge to touch her..to feel her..to run his finger along with the sharp features of her beautiful face.

Whereas, her inviting smile was diverting his mind with every sinful thoughts he could to do to her.

Her soft silken skin, her perfect curve, her warm ivory complexion, every simple things were alluring. He was tempt to cross the distance and worship every inch of her given exposed sight.

But he couldn't come up with himself to do it. She looks delicate and he was afraid he would break her with his firm touch.

She is too precious to be hurt but how unfortunate of him to realize it after four years.

His eyes unmoved, he covered the minimal distance between them. He held his hand against the veil but stopped in the mid air.

The desire of removing the veil was clouding his heart, but too bad it was just an illustration.

An illustration of her bridal look, which he gazes every night before he invites slumber into his eyes and wakes up only with the wish to see her smile the very first thing in the morning.

It was not just any picture but an illustration of her which he created by pouring all his heart.

An illustration which he is still possessing after all those year he felt miserable without her.

It was just an illustration, but it was his everything.

The made illustration was just an imagination he has for her in her bridal attire, however the imagination itself seemed absurd because he knew that she is much more beautiful than his artistic portrayal.

But it somehow satisfies his heart.

He himself only knew how disoriented and disturbed he was.

But can he blame anyone for that?

It was his decision. A cruel decision he could ever make.

It might had broken her, but he himself wasn't feeling anyless. He experienced a living hell out of his made decision. He suffocated beyond survival. He realized he cannot be without her. But sadly, it was too late.

He still detests every bit of his miseries connected to her, but he cannot decline his need for her.

He tried keeping his agony at a side and  return back to her but he couldn't.