Chapter 37.

Keeping an observant eye throughout the aid and assistance by her, Manik could only predict the awkwardness in her gestures.

Her grip being firm around his arm felt clammy.
Her gazes being stony were flickering nervously around the room.
Her steps being light seemed unusually faltering every now and then.

In short, she was at the edge.

After helping him sit on the bed, Nandini hold out her hand for him to take the warm water bag she was holding the whole while, which he took with his lips tightly stretched in flat and eyes grimly shut tight before keeping it and reclined back only for him to shriek out.

"What happen?"

Despite wincing in pain, Manik found himself glancing out at her who stood horrifically and attentively beside him with her concerned gaze over him.

Cracking out a troubled smile, he shook his head "Nothing. Just the bag is too hot for my preference."

"Hot? No. I didn't find it that hot while holding. But let me check." Reaching out for the hot bag, Nandini creased her brows on glancing at his back only for them to widen out later "Manik, are you bleeding? Open up your shirt."

"Huh?"

Nandini stared at him on his astonishment before pursing her mouth and flushing "I-I mean, you have some blood patches on your shirt..so."

"Ah- it's nothing I can't manage." Flexing on his shoulder, Manik mumbled wincing in pain "I was anyway going to wash up before your arrival."

"But there is blood and-" Nandini tried reasoning out but slower down "I don't think you can reach behind with your aching arms. Let me just help."

"But I-"

"-you can leave your vest on..if you don't like exposing your bo-body."

Manik's gaze found her heated face as she dropped her gaze down after uttering her suggestion, while his lips covered up with a little smile.

How he wouldn't like to feel her touch on his bare torso but being afraid of revealing his scarred pectorals in view is really he is not sure he would like her to see.

The blotch and blemishes even after hiding it behind his appearances can never hide the truth how unpleasantly nasty they are.

She would hate it which is most likely the last thing he wanted.

Smiling out sadly, Manik sat straight and dropped his leg down of the bed to stand up "Trust me, I'm fine. I'll just shower and wash the blood away."

Seeing how adamant he was about not taking her help made her somehow upset as she nodded silently "Alright. I guess I should just get going. There is nothing much I can do for you."

There is no way Manik didn't noticed how dejected she looked while turning around but his hand found its way to hold and stop her.

He has given her already a lot of grief in the past, but not anymore.

If she wants to help, then so be it. He can't hide himself from her anymore.

Love or despise, it's now all upon her choice.

Eyes snapping down on her wrist, Nandini turned around and tugged her brows high on seeing his face morphed with an unascertained smile as he let go of her hand before sighing  "Help me."

Her eyes softened slightly as she shook her head in positive and gestured him out for inching a step closer, which he obliged silently.

Fingers shivering anxiously, Nandini reached out for his dress shirt and started unfastening the weirdly donned buttons before helping him out of the shirt which caused him to flinch.