Chapter 13

Throwing her hand tiredly, Nandini scrounged her nose and squinted her eyes more feeling the ray of bright sunlight invading her sweet slumber.

But something hit her mind.

Snapping her eyes open, she looked around the room and sat up straight before removing her blanket.

She turned her eyes toward the window and was immediately surprised finding the sun almost over the head and peeking through her window.

Her eyes next went toward the clock hung to the wall which was enough to slump her shoulder down with helplessness.

Quarter past seven.

She huffed tiredly and initially made her run to the terrace.

Keeping a hand on her forehead and other on her hips, she looked for him on the terrace.

Although she knew she missed the last and the most important day of the deal between them she couldn't feel more guilty for not making him his breakfast.

It was the only way which made her feel responsible toward him as a wife. And she missed it.

Biting her lips, she went down and decided to freshen up.

After done with her morning business, she made her move down to find her Amma giving baby massage to the little guy who was wailing hysterically upon being touched on the stomach.

"Oh, you're awake?" Amma looked at her and then back to Sloke who was exhausted and red with all the crying "Sadhna, get Nandu her breakfast."

Nandini went up and sat beside her mother taking one of Sloke's toys to distract him "you didn't wake me up?"

Neelam pursed her lips and made Sloke lie in Nandini's lap "you were tired yesterday that's why I let you sleep."

Nandini noticed her mother's still dull behaviour but smiled nonetheless toward the baby who was now all calm and was being playful in her lap.

"Are you still mad on me, Amma?" She asked but Neelam just stayed stern with her expression.

Nandini sighed "I willingly didn't asked Aryaman to come, Amma. And trust me when I say he is a good guy."

"Good or not, I don't want any stranger guy in my house." Neelam snapped "and you are going to maintain distance from him."

"He is my friend, Amma."

"You are married too."

"That's not a reason to oppose, Amma."

Nandini and Neelam snapped their head toward Aloke who just strolled down the stairs.

"You stay out of this, Aloke. Just because of your leniency she is getting out of hand."

"You are just making hill out of a mole." Aloke exclaimed in displease.

Omprakash, who just came from the temple, gawked everyone confusedly before chidding "why are you people spoiling the morning now?"

Nandini hung her head down and found Sloke fast asleep. Sadhna who bought Nandini her breakfast nodded her head to stay put and took her son from her.

"This girl..she is just misusing her freedom"

Hearing her mother's accusations Nandini felt her eyes dwelling with tears.

"Think before saying, Neelam. Don't forget she is your daughter." Omprakash warned on finding Nandini quickly wipe her cheeks "and when did she misuse her freedom?"