Chapter 18.

It was drizzling morning in Varanasi. And the calm peaceful environment inside the library was blissful.

A smile took over on Nandini's face as she let her finger feel the drops of the rain.

Manik watched her silently while leaning to the narrow aisle of the bookshelf. She was sitting far away from him in the same aisle near the window.

He was enthralled by the serene look on her face. She seemed collected and composed as she smiled on her own before returning her attention back in the book laying on her lap.

Manik was silently yet hardly was drowning into her without his own knowledge. But he was miffed with the sprinkling drops of the rain which were touching and kissing her skin.

He wanted to rub the trail of their traces which were mocking him from far, rather he was tempted to kiss those parts and mark it as his own territory.

A sinful tug of a smirk appeared on his lips. He was disbelief upon himself of having such thoughts for someone whom he sworn to never let her enter his life.

She was forbidden into his space but how would he refrain her from intruding into his raw and cold heart, was still a question he was trying to answer.

"Manik?"

Her voice broke his reverie and he looked up to find her curious gaze looking into his "I'm done for today."

He simply nodded and got up shoving his notebook inside and swiftly hung his bag on his shoulder. Together they moved out of the library only to be stopped by one call by Aryaman which stiffened the spine of her back.

"Nandini, wait!"

Manik grimaced momentarily before turning along with Nandini who seemed to be in the awkward situation when Aryaman shifted his gaze between the two "Where were you?"

His cut to the short question snapped something inside Manik as he stared straight toward the specs guy who seemed not even a bit troubled by him.

Nandini looked over her shoulder to him and smiled back at her friend "Just around. Why?"

At the same time, Prof. Triloke, who was passing by, called Manik to him "Manik, may I have a word with you?"

Reluctant to leave her with a guy, Manik looked down at her and left before giving a long stoned glare to Aryaman who followed his gaze along with his.

"What in the hell is going on with you, Nandini?" Aryaman snapped as soon as Manik left the frame "Why are you roaming around with that president? Is he bothering you?"

Nandini sighed slowly "Aryaman, calm down first."

Shut closing his eyes, Aryaman pressed the bridge of his nose "I'm calm now. Tell me."

"Manik is tutoring me for this coming semester."

Aryaman gaped at her nonchalantly before frowning "He is doing what?"

While, from the farthest corner Manik watched the duo intently as Prof. Trilok continued "Will you really not give in a second thought about this offer, Manik?"

"There is no way I can leave my family behind." He responded calmly looking back to the professor whose shoulder slumped down.

"Look, you have already rejected the previous offer from Mumbai. This time I really want you to think calmly about this offer from Infosys. These are the few chances you should happily grab without thinking much. Our university really want to see you on heights, Manik." He gave Manik an envelope "Just think once for yourself."