Chapter 29

It was still very early in the morning but the people in Varanasi tend to wake up even before the Sun god rises up.
The early morning prayer, bell ringing in the temple, streets being dusted is all one can see when woken up early.

Each and every human has their day start with chores but amidst of that, people take there time to poke their nose in others business.

Uncomfortable under the gazes of the judgemental neighbour's, Sheetal walked inside the house of Sharmas timidly.

Eventhough being in touch with them, Sheetal still felt repentance riding deep down into her heart. She even blamed herself to be in equal fault of every mishaps happened till date.

She could had saved, but regrettably she couldn't.

With her son, she can never muster enough to make himself understand when she is the only person who can make him see his wrongs. But yet, she couldn't. Because of all the people, she knows his miseries better.

She knows his grief but that doesn't makes his deed unpardonable.

"Sheetal ji!"

Sheetal smiled, rather awkwardly upon Neelam's exclaim, who was busy mopping the veranda.

"If I'm not disturbing, may I come in?"

Neelam abruptly halted on her chores, her eyes widen slightly in surprise "uh-yes, yes please."

Nervous by being shown up suddenly, Sheetal padded her way inside.

"Please have a sit." Neelam asked politely "I'll be back washing my hand."

Sheetal nodded positively before making herself comfortable on the jute bed. Her eyes wandered around intaking the silence of the house. Once where the house was full of happiness now seems void and dull.

Neelam was back within a minute, as she sat beside Sheetal giving out a soft polite smile "How come you are here in Varanasi? I didn't knew about your arrival?"

"It was just a sudden decision." Sheetal replied looking Neelam carefully to find any hint of awkwardness on her presence "we are back in the city..for now."

"Back as in?" Neelam frowned "Weren't Manik Ji's job was in Bangalore?"

"He did had one but he quit. Now he started his own startup which he shifted it in Mughalsarai."

Neelam nodded with no sign of discomfort in her face as she silently grasped on the information.

Sheetal and Neelam, even being in touch over the call, avoided talking about their children. Being a mother, they knew it was a sensitive topic to raise and tease.

"That's good." Neelam smiled.

Sheetal smiled slightly with a relief, her eyes next briefly moving toward the stairs as she cleared her throat "Ermm..Is Nandini..at home?"

Neelam visibly went amazed. A sad yet bothersome look went across Neelam's eyes as she looked down and smiled "She is not."

"Oh! My bad." Sheetal mushed "I wanted to meet her so bad. Even Meera was eager to meet. I missed her bubbly self so much that I couldn't help but come to meet her the very first thing in the morning. "

"She would love to meet you too..but I'm afraid, she is not that bubbly girl anymore." Neelam mumbled, her lips tugging into gloominess "She is not that Nandini whom I use to scold at every possible mistake."