Chapter 32.

Reclining back on the swivel chair, Manik stared to the picture frame of them from the carnival where Nandini has coerced him into getting their picture clicked, whereas his thoughts stayed looming around to the scenario from the morning.

Even with the agent sitting before him and giving handouts about the recent shipment, Manik couldn't find himself hearing any of the given information as all he could think is about her.

Manik had expected his mother to appear all elated after meeting Nandini but he found his mother all gloom.
Sheetal's sadness was so perceptible that she didn't even see Meera leaving for her school.

It was just her one query which took Manik in unwary.

"Are you really trying hard enough, Manik?"

Is he?

Seeing how situation is with him and Nandini, he cannot answer that so soon.

He has never thought of standing in such of a crossroad where he can't even understand what Nandini wants from him anymore.

Even his belief of seeing Nandini ecstatic after meeting him went downhill when he saw her being extremely composed of the situation.

There was no gleam like how once it use to be. It was all barren and void with feigned smile graced on her face.

He wanted to talk it out with her but he was reluctant and confused of how to approach...or maybe somehow afraid of  her rejection.

Manik snapped out of his cogitation when his phone went off. Giving a dismissal nod to the agent, he answered the call.

It was his sister asking if he was taking her to the Kathak class or not.

His eyes abruptly went upon on the lying business card in front of his desk which Nandini gave him last night while his eyes shone with unnamed happiness.

Lips tugging to the side, Manik answered in positively without stopping his smile to come out openly.

Glancing for the last toward the picture of them, Manik braced himself up to see her after a long hour.

A melody of a classic piece of an Indian song blaire through out the studio, while a pair of agonised gaze stared itself through the collosal reflector of a mirror.

Graced in a long pale white floral suit and her mid length hair tied in a tight knots of braids, she calculated her regulated breath into her mind.

Feet tapping with the tatkar on the piece of beat, she threw her arms up toward the heaven and submerge herself in the pit of emotion.

Moving around the ground with her ankle tied with the musical anklet and leaving no floor left untouched, she made a chakkars with her arms which were donned in the hand mudras while her slender fingers swayed in the sorrow of water.

Her petite figure enveloped the thin air in the packed room around her swaying body as the gesture of pain and misery was enough to be seen through her unshed eyes.

As soon as the rhythm of the melody took it last note, she dropped down on her knees with the graceful posture of her arms on each side of her hips while a lone tear threaten to slip down of her eyes.

With the laboured breath, she opened her glossy eyes slowly, making her gaze fall straight on the person leaning by the door who passed her a dazed smiled.

With no word being said between them, Nandini pulled her legs near to untie her ghungroo as her mind mulled sadly.

She lost it once again.