Chapter 3.

"Bhai-bhabhi!!" Nandini's squeal echoed in the veranda when she saw her brother, Alok and her sister-in-law, Sadhna, sitting with her Amma and Dadaji on the folding bed.

Her excitement exclamation doubled up when her gaze caught the glimpse of the little bundle of joy, her two months old nephew Sloke, in her Amma's lap. Alok smiled seeing the enthusiasm of her sister when she ran toward him to hug him tight.

Alok reciprocated the hug with his brotherly warmth and patted her head "how is my Aafat (troublemaker)?"

"Aafat!! Really bhai?" She whined and pouted breaking the hug only to receive a chuckle from Alok.

She then went and hugged Sadhna who happily returned the hug back "I missed you so much, bhabhi (sister-in-law)".

"Aww!! I and your little nephew did too." Sadhna gleed making Nandini smile widely and elope next to her Amma to meet her now sleeping nephew, Sloke.

But before she could carry or touch him, Amma swat and slapped her hand away lightly with a soft- stern face "no! First go and wash your hand and then carry him."

Nandini gave a cute offended pout to her Amma before she stomped and went up to freshen up. Considering the weather so hot, Nandini decided to take a shower instead to cool down herself a bit.

While humming 'sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye', an old Bollywood song, Nandini took out her towel and went inside the only common washroom they have in the house. And since almost houses in Banaras have a connected walls, one can hear almost everythihen say something aloud.

And here, Nandini was now singing all aloud by herself inside the washroom, in fact imagining herself to be some popular popstar under the running tap.

Meanwhile, at the same time, in Malhotra Sadan, Manik was already done taking a shower in the washroom. He was about to head out from there but stopped abruptly when his ear caught her voice. He stilled. His ears perked on listening the not-so-sweet voice of hers but his lips soon moulded into a beautiful curve.

"Pagal (mad girl)"

The syllable slipped out of his mouth without his own acknowledgement as the smile still continued lingering on his face, much to his own consciousness.

The view after the sunset is something Manik loves to see. And the gorgeous valley of the river Ganges which can be seen very clear from the back of the terrace is an adding bonus point for Manik for which he would come up on any or no occasions given.

With his earbuds plugged in and no songs playing behind, he was already on the terrace leaning by the railing to see off the sun and welcome the dusk.

Suddenly his ears perked when he heard the chiming noise of an anklets. He knew it was hers but still he didn't spared his attention toward her coming and happy in her own world figure.

Nandini, who was still indulge in the same song which she was singing the entire time while showering trailed off when her gaze fell on him.

Her face brighten up like an illuminating bulb on seeing him already without her own knowledge. And if not fate then she knew it was just one of those many coincidence where she finds him on the terrace without any reasons.

With a cheerful exclaim she waved her hand in the air and called out "Manik" but seeing no come back and reply, she chirped aloud again"Maa-nik!! "