Chapter 46.

Going home after school always used to make Manik fright. But the day was itself exceptional for him.

Eyes shining and grinning out at each kids playing in the street, Manik made his way to the Dhasaswamedh Ghat and sighed happily before his mother Ganges with his delightful dark honey orbs.

"I made it." He mumbled, his voice meek and inaudible "I made it with full scholarship."

And the breeze coming from the river and caressing his small face made him understand that his mother Ganges is elated and happy too.

Getting an admission in the prestigious school in Delhi has always been Manik's dream. And now having his dream fulfilled, he was very much propitious abou giving his mother and sister a life which they both deserve.

"Now there is no looking back." He affirmed, his eyes moistening up sadly but gladly "I will leave this place and take my family with me. I will earn and will give them happiness around the world. But don't be sad. I will surely come and see you once I grow up and become a big man. I promise."

The only thing remained was Pankaj's assistance, on which he was positive he won't be left disappointed.

He had his all faith upon his Pankaj Baba.

Smiling for his mother Ganges brightly, he pivoted around and trailed his way to his home. Reaching the street and seeing the kids play, Manik was tempted to join them.

But nonwithstand, he still stood for a while to watch and cherish the other kids play, when suddenly his eyes turned momentarily over the little girl in her red frock and two pigtails, staring at him with an adorable beam and a packet of chips in her hand, being completely oblivious to the bull running to her.

Astound and panicked, Manik without caring of his surrounding ran to her and before she could fathom, he pushed her along with himself and rolled over to the ground by taking her over him.

A moment lapsed before Manik cringed his eyes open over the little girl's whimper. Finding the crowd gathered around and coming forward to help them, Manik shrieked when the little girl rather letting him go, clung more to him for her dear life with a frail sob.

"Don't let me go. Don't let me go. Don't let me go." She ranted trembling and clinging to him more "Please!"

"Hush! It's over. You are fine. You are a strong girl, aren't you?" He whispered sweet nothing and caressed her head before gently pulling her off him.

Finding her big doe eyes dwelling with fat tears, Manik panicked immediately "Hey! It's okay. The bad bull is gone. You are alright."

"Are you?" His eyes softened over her fragile voice, as brushing her tears off, he smiled "I am. Thanks for asking."

"Thanks for saving." She smiled too, her ruby lips stretching up with a jovial beam while eyes still teary "But you are hurt."

Grimacing with a small smile, Manik shrugged "It's nothing I can't handle."

Being a mere five year old, Nandini couldn't understand much but being overwhelmed by him and his heroic stunt, Nandini could clearly feel the rising warmth into her novice heart. It was overwhelming and something very unfathomable for her.