Chapter 43.

With how eventful the day went, Nandini wanted her night to end peacefully without any thoughts wandering around in her mind.

Rubbing her arms to keep herself warm, Nandini walked up the terrace and silently leant by the parapet to watch the sky, until she felt her skin prickling.

And while she knew he was there, he knew it too that she felt his presence already.

Gazing out to the sky and letting the coolness of the weather provide her with what she was looking for, Nandini heard a very low noise of him sucking on his breath which made her realize how his sweltering watch were burning her feminine frame from a distance since for a quite while.

Not only burning her in his silent avidity, but also invading in her plan of having a calm end of the night.

So making up her mind, she decided to leave the terrace with her eyes lower and ignoring his existence, as she didn't wanted her night to turn anymore disastrous like how it went in the morning, but on turning around, she didn't expected herself to meet with his dark beguiling gaze which were looking at her in silence all this while.

And here he was doing it all over again. Attracting and ensnaring her in his dark honey swirling gaze which she always finds herself getting lost into.

"Going back?"

His deep throaty voice sent an exhortation to her mind that she has to leave the terrace pronto.
However seeing him trailing a slow trails towards her, she felt her foot ceasing on the spot, as if they got too heavy to move forward.

"How's your hand?" He asked monotanously gesturing out at her hands which dropped at each side of her on his query "Is it hurting? Have you got them assisted?"

Looking away, she shook her head mildly "It's not hurting much."

"That's why I came prepared." His clipped tone made her eyes click at him as he next reached out for her hand "Show me."

"What are you doing-"

Showing her a bottle of spray relief which he has taken out from his back pocket, he muttered along whilst spraying some over her hand "-I don't know how but I kind of knew your good for nothing friend will do nothing for your pain."

"He did asked me but I refused." she replied nonchalantly, her attention now craved upon his assistance where he suddenly scoffed "perhaps he didn't tried hard enough."

"He insisted." She argued defending Aryaman while Manik could only chuckle "sure he did."

Frowning at his snobbishness, she snatched her hand back and scowled some more at him as his eyes snapped at her "What is wrong with you?"

"I wonder which wrong you are talking about?"

His sarcastic reply to her counter took her exasperation to an another stage, as her glare went narrower than what it was already "Stop acting smart with me."

"I don't act, Nandini. I am smart." He quipped, narcissim clear in his vocal, as he looked at her irate face amusedly.

"You-" falling loose at retorts, Nandini heaved softly and than looked at him "What is your problem with Aryaman? Why are you always after him?"

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Take today's example only." She bickered on his tedious voice "You hit him with a ball. A volleyball. Seriously?"