Chapter 2.

Next day came really early much for Nandini's liking. Since it was the first day of the week Monday, which calls for the college and wakening up early in the morning, Nandini did a little too much of a tantrum to rise and shine, which ended up with her getting late for her classes.

Getting as quick as possible, Nandini ran down like a maniac only to get the early morning speech from her grumpy mother who was performing her morning prayer in front of the goddess Tulasi.

"Oh-ho! Look. Look at the queen of Varanasi, who wakes up late only to get ready and run for her college. What madam? What do you think of me to you? Am I a maid who will do the entire thing of the house? When will you be a little responsible in your life for the god sake, Nandu?"

"But who am I kidding to? Had she ever listened to any of my say that she will do now? Good..very good. Keep doing this also in you in-law's place so that you can demean us just in the snap of your fingers. I'm sick tired of you--"

Nandini made a bad face while drinking water from the glass kept on the table and without even having something early in the morning, she ran out leaving her mother chid behind. In the gate, Nandini met her grandfather, Omprakash Sharma, who came after performing his morning Arti from the Vishwanath Temple.

On seeing her Dadaji entering and since a daughter of a family can't touch their elders feet, Nandini quickly bowed down and joined her hand "Namastey Dadaji."

Her Dadaji being a priest of the temple quickly blessed her with a flower he had took from the idol's feet and pressed it on her head "may lord Shiva keeps you away and protected from every evilness of this world."

"Did you had something, dear?" He asked softly giving her some prasad but the quick negative response was something her Dadaji wasn't expecting "No Dadaji, but don't worry. Once I reach college I'll definitely have something in the canteen." and she was off to the street running to catch an auto-rickshaw.

Her Dadaji sighed and entered inside quickly calling out for his Daughter-in-law "Neelam! How many times do I have to tell you to not let her go with an empty stomach? You know right that its a bad omen to leave without food in the early morning?"

Nandini's mother, Neelam came out with a glass of water and gave it to her father-in-law "do let her know once she is back from the college, Bauji, because she never listens to me."

Dadaji shook his head on her response and then asked about his grandson "Did you get any call from Alok?"

Neelam nodded with a little gleam on her face "yes, in the morning. He will be arriving anytime soon."

___

Paying the fare to the auto-rickshaw, Nandini gripped and secured her big handmade bag on her shoulder and sighed starring the huge written words on the entrance of the wide entrance gate of her college.

Banaras Hindu University.

One of the biggest, oldest and most reputed college in India. The university is even a tourist spot in the city Varanasi. Mostly every pass out higher secondary students from the city in Varanasi aims to get admission in that university and Nandini being one of the most luckiest did got her admission confirmed in the desired course on her second attempt that she wanted to study because of her main one and only main reason.