Chapter 50.

Nandini was persistent, while Manik was adamant.

She was desperate, while Manik was in denial.

She tried every way possible, while Manik made her each ways futile.

And there was no way he is going to bow before what she demanded. It was not in his will to do what she wanted from him.

Divorce; the word he never dreamed even when he resented their marriage, was now arising when he started feeling everything was going to fall in place.

But how wrong was he.

He never felt this vulnerable as he is feeling now. He doesn't know how to make her understand either.

In these five days there was no day spared when she didn't raised the subject. And each time she did he felt he was losing it gradually.

That's how tenacious she was for the divorce.

Rowing the boat and running for an hour around the lane, Manik slowed down when he saw Nandini out of the gate of her house with the little guy Sloke on her side.

Even being far away, Nandini could very well feel him around when her skin pricked making her eyes turned up to him and her breath regulating.
And when he was nearing her slowly, Nandini found her breath knocked.

Sweat glistening on his chiseled face and that mirroring smouldering gaze has always torn her in a way that she could not decipher, but the sunken eyes and the shadow of weary around them was making her heart palpalate.

She knew he has discovered insomnia over this past few years however this was the very first time she acknowledged it as it was that prominent on his stance.

He seemed enervated and pale and the reason was not remotely unknown to her.

Her decision of divorce was shredding him and she could see him scattering inch by inch.

Whereas, she herself was not any different.

He could see how she was hanging by the thread and was ready to fall deeper in the abyss. And as much as he wanted to catch her, he felt her slipping from his hold.

Not only slipping, but also avoiding his approaching hand for her to hold, leaving him far behind alone.

"-So what should I gift you, old man?"

Snapped out of his trance, Manik looked down at the little guy himself who was all the while throughout their silent combat was babbling, where he nonetheless smiled "Anything you like."

Going deeper into the thought, Sloke looked at Nandini "What are you going to gift him, Nanhi?"

Eyes clicking at Sloke and then at him, Nandini mumbled "I have no idea."

"How do you don't have idea?" Sloke queried  squinting his eyes "You are his friend. And you are suppose to gift him something."

Fluttering her eyes mildly, Nandini smiled woefully remembering his rejection over everytime she did something for him "He doesn't like gifts, Sweetie."

"Who doesn't like gifts? And that too even in their birthday?" Asked Sloke with his little bewildered voice before turning toward Manik himself "Will you seriously not take if I gift you something? I have already prepared you something."