Chapter 10.

After evening puja in the Dashashwamedh ghat, Nandini walked along with her grandfather, Omprakash, in the slow pace.

Eventhough, Nandini managed to not get her wounded palm caught into her mother's gaze, she couldn't keep it hidden from her grandfather who freaked out instantly seeing the banded.

But Nandini managed to calm him down saying nothing major happened to her.

Her grandfather then promised to get a homemade remedy prepared for her wound as soon as they reach home.

Nandini smiled warmly and helped him walk slowly by clasping his hand with her.

They stopped in between in the bazaar when Omprakash remembered he need to buy certain things for the remedy he is going to prepare for her and as well as some necessary things for the Teej pooja next day.

"The bag seems quite heavy." Omprakash exclaimed seeing the bag full of items on the grocery counter self but Nandini shook her head "don't worry. I'll get it."

"Oh no-no you are not. You will hurt your wound more. You do one thing, call Aloke. He will come and get this on his bike." He suggested.

Nandini nodded and ringed her brother's number but he didn't received. She tried for more three times but the result was same. Huffing in irritation, she gave up.

"He is not picking up my call, Dadaji." She sighed "May be I should look for a rickshaw or something."

Dadaji agreed on her suggestion but as soon as she took a step a motorcycle came halting before her making her jump instantly in surprise.

"Manik!" Omprakash squealed enthusiastically on which Manik passed a brief nod towards the old man before turning his gaze toward Nandini.

After the incident happened in the changing room, Nandini kept her distance away from him in the fear of hearing something heartbreaking from him.

Even if he does, she does not regret anything happened in that spur of the moment.

She even chose Ravi over him for the badminton practice in the court which left Manik quite dazed but he like always brushed it off.

With the burning wound, she kept practicing in the court to give her best in the audition next day. She doesn't want to leave the club, her only way of spending some time with him.

She was afraid of the rejection, the only thing he keeps on giving her.

Before leaving the college, she dressed her wound which has been scraped off more badly and had started bleeding after her harsh assault to them.

"You were waiting for something?" He asked on which Dadaji beat Nandini on speaking before her "Yes, Nandu was going to get a rickshaw for us. This bag is quite heavy for her to pick with her wounded hand."

His eyes went on the bag and then at her who looked away feeling slightly awkward in the situation.

"I'll give you a ride."

Nandini snapped her eyes at him in wonder whereas Omprakash beamed on the offer.

"That sounds nice." without any delay, he hopped on the back taking Nandini's reluctant support "-and give me the bag too."

Perplexed on the situation, Nandini gave him the bag which he kept in the middle of him and Manik but then it hit him hard that there is no space for her in the seat.