Chapter 5.

"Manik?"

Manik snapped out of his trance as soon as Nandini called him out after waiting for him for like 5 minutes to talk or say something.

"You wanted to talk something?"

Nandini's eyes didn't left his lost looking face as he retreated his steps a bit back and cleared his throat.

"I-I forgot."

"Huh?" Eyebrow tugged up, Nandini gawked him like an owl before frowning softly "so you got me here basically for nothing? Are you okay?"

Face poker, Manik pursed his lips thin "why? Do you have problem if I got you here for 'basically' nothing? Or are you dying to spend time with that guy friend of yours?"

"Wha-what?" Nandini's eye flickered dumbfoundedly "I just am a little curious about the reason for you got me here, otherwise there wouldn't be anyone other than me who would be happy for having to spend time with you."

Manik licked his lips as reliefnes grave inside his heart after hearing her confession.

He himself couldn't understand why was he getting so frustrated just by seeing her with some other guy.

It wasn't like he has a feeling or something, or does he?

"You are acting weird. Are you really okay?" Manik eyes squinted coldly on her concern but she fumbled back "okay-okay. You don't have to answer me after giving me that look."

"What about my look?" He asked slightly confused on her remark whereas she bite her lips before twitching them "you know your all time famous cold look which only comes out answers that you are in your own form self."

Manik rolled his eyes gaining again an other remark "and then your eye roll on me which says you clearly can't stand my blabber." She mused with a sigh.

"Any ways, did you recalled the thing you wanted to talk?" She asked looking into his eyes whereas he averted his gaze immediately before coughing twice "No."

"Oh! Okay. So, do you want me to leave?"

Manik eyes shifted instantly at her "Yea, I mean I can't recall the thing I wanted to talk so you better leave for your lecture."

Nandini's face dropped down as she expected him to say otherwise. She wanted him to tell her to stay back. And she would without any second thought had stayed back.

She quitely gave him a nod and started taking steps. Manik made space for her to walk and kept staring her going figure until he heard her phone going off.

Nandini halted on her step to take out her phone from her bag, unknown to the fact that the guy behind her back, whom she consider him as her husband, has gotten his attention on her.

Manik creased formed forehead replaced with a scowl as soon as he heard the name.

"Yea Arya."

"Yes-yes I'm on my way-Oh-You are waiting for me? Yea, I'll be there in 5. Yea, bye."

All the while, Manik's attentive ear didn't left her conversation, whereas Nandini was already good to go after talking over the phone, until Manik decided to interrupt.

"You got a phone?"

She turned around with a reflex and smiled brightly "yes. Bhaiya gifted me. You want to see?"

Even though, he was tempted to the offer he didn't wanted to be seemed desperate which he made himself feel insidely.

So he did what he always does.