Chapter 27.

Being the day of her Gauna as well as her birthday, there was a lot of commotion going inside the house.

Nandini wanted to stay aloof that day to keep herself collected and composed but the elderly women and the girls around her age from the neighbour kept prying her throughout the day.

Forcing the phoney smile over the tawdry jokes made by the girls, Nandini tried looking someone from the family to come and rescue her but no where other than the grinning and giggling girls she could find.

It was then when Neelam, her mother, came ahead and asked her to go into her room to change until she was called down for the worship held for her birthday.

She breathed out in relief and took it as a chance to escape the over enthusiastic ladies whom she can hear even from her room.

Shutting the door without locking it behind, she racked her eyes around her room and then padded toward the window.

Something was off.

Something doesn't felt right.

But it was her day. Their day. How this auspicious day can make someone bother with such thoughts.

She is most probably overthinking or having a cold feet.

Looking outside the window, Nandini tried looking for the bright ray of the sun which seemed to be hiding somewhere behind those dark intimidating clouds.

The day made the environment look dull and ready to shed tears.

It was nothing like what she thought this day would look like. She pictured to be happy and bright. But it was nothing like that.

But can she let it overpower her happy day? Absolutely not.

Flatley looking toward her palm, Nandini smiled, a real smile, recalling the night she spent with him on the terrace.

He has changed.

He is nothing like he used to behave once.

Cold and heartless.

He is more like passionate and wanting.

She didn't knew how they crossed so much of differences between them but now when they did, she couldn't help thinking what else he has stored inside his desiring self.

She is just so not use to how he still manages to makes her exposed even with her clothes on. The way he touches and caresses always leaves a tingling burning sensation behind and his gaze, his smouldering stare. It makes her weak. So weak that she ends up submitting herself to him.

That's how much she trust herself with him and it scares her.

Even though he has not spelled out his feelings and knowing he will not express anytime soon, she has tried looking past his flaming desiring eyes and the amount and swirl of emotion in them terrifies her.

Intense.

All her eyes could find is his intensity which has no comparison with her feelings for him. And she can never manifest her feelings the way he does without even uttering a single words.

Her heart was clouded with enormous joy but however her mind was unsettled.

Her wavering thoughts were soon was disturbed as soon as she heard Navya's excited self walked inside her room.

"Nandini! My girl."

A bright happy smile sprung across Nandini's face "Navya. You came."

"I had to, afterall it's a day I couldn't miss." Navya chirped giving her a bone crushing hug "Happy birthday, Nandini."

Nandini grinned and hugged back "indeed it's a happiest birthday."