Chapter 23.

Sharmas were way more then enthusiastic and frantic since past few days. The chaos and excitement was quite predictable around the house.

Three more days to go.

Nandini smiled counting the date on the calender.

She was overwhelmed with everything happening around. She can't seem on the term of acceptance that it was really happening.

The day she hoped, longed and dreamt for is finally happening.

She doesn't want an extravagant arrangements, nor does she has any demands. She just wants him.

Taking her gaze on the photo frame of their wedding, she smiled softly.

Nandini has grown up being taught a perspective of a woman's life is marriage and her real place belongs with her in laws as she is just a guest at her parent's place.

She has even fantasised herself in the doll decked in bridal attire as herself and not to be forgotten the bridegroom Manik, with whom she played 'ghar-ghar' in her childhood days.

She didn't knew she will be attracted to him so early in the age. She remembers how once she told her father that she wanted to marry Manik.

For the girl in the age of five, she didn't expected her father to take her wish seriously and propose the alliance to the Malhotras on the very next day.

But the thing she didn't knew was how their marriage happened amidst the critical circumstances. She just knew that from that onward she belongs to him and no one can take them apart after binding them into a sacred bond.

She also doesn't know how her father, Pankaj Sharma negotiated the alliance with the exchange of hefty amount of dowry.

It was not just a dowry but a deal made to buy the alliance.

It was neither a dowry but a promised help which her father did with Sheetal but at the end changed his mind.

Illegal or not, dowry is something which is still prevailing in India. And Nandini learning this information won't change anything as she thinks that's how the alliance works.

Nandini belongs to an orthodox family and this is what she has learnt and seen while growing up.

However, their is more to the truth which no one but only few peoples knows.

Omprakash, Nandini's grandfather, who was walking his way to his home after performing worship in the Viswanath temple smiled brightly when the kids from the lane came running and asking him to offer them the prasada.

Scurrying down a bit, he distributed the prasada among the kids who immediately ran away after having it. Omprakash chortled aloud and continued walking.

He was just on his way to his home when suddenly his eyes went upon a sulking Meera who was sitting on the stairs before her house door.

Her gloomy gaze were watching the kids who were walking by holding there father's finger and the longingness was quite apparent for Omprakash as he slowly made his way to the girl.

"Why this cute little princess looking so dull in the very early morning today? Huh?"

Meera tilt her head up and then dropped her eyes down back releasing a deep sigh "I'm sad that's why."

Frowning amusingly, Omprakash stared at her "oh my! Who made my kiddo upset? Tell me the name and see how I twist their ear."

"No! I don't want you to twist bhaiya's ear" She mushed with a slight furrowed forehead while Omprakash frowned with the intact amused smile "so the culprit behind your gloominess is your rebellious brother?"