Chapter 19.

The time seemed running speedily.

While Nandini was competing with the every day of challenges thrown on her way, Manik found himself drowning bit by bit into emotions.

He hardly could understand why was he going through such feelings.

Everything seemed messy and complicated to him. Even if he loved the fluttering feelings inside his heart, he couldn't make himself accept the truth that he is already losing himself in this.

Anxious, desperate and frustration was all he could point his finger into as he was not able to name the sentiment of calmness he felt everytime when he is around her presence.

Regardless of his self made restraints, he always finds his ways to feel her. To touch her. To smell her.

The feminine fragrance of her just soothes his mind and composes himself from all the noose he felt binding him back.

It was one of those fine evening which cannot be define anymore differently then the former.

He himself leaning back, with his legs stretching out, a hand holding his book and other holding her close by him while she studies.

Nandini felt never this satisfied then ever as she was relishing happily every bit of the passing moment. She was content in his arm and nothing seemed to make her mind concentrate other then spending her time in his arms.

The momentarily sloppy kisses on her nape, him nuzzling slowly into the crook of her neck and his rapid falling warm breath. She loved everything in the moment.

They found peace into each other.

Her skin would tingles with every touch his lips would make with her. A small smile is the only thing which was intact over her lips as she felt his arm pulling her more close to him.

"Manik, stop." She mumbled softly "I can't scoot anymore into you."

She heard him sigh "I know."

She smiled upon his dejection and shook her head before continuing on her studies until a thought came passing her mind.

She looked up at a distant and seized her smile flat "Manik" he hummed in response "My semester starts in the next two days."

Manik's attention drew toward her as he already understood her queries without even hearing her completely  but he didn't made any gesture of knowing.

"I'm nervous." She mumbled, sucking up on her breath she sighed "what will happen if I--if I don't make it up to the expectation?"

Her heart thud viciously after completing her question but the followed up silence for the next minutes grew many anticipation and assumptions into her mind.

She turned back to him and looked up into his stoic face to find any assurance but got nothing. His eyes still trained into his book with sheer silence around.

Albeit, his silence was enough to answer her but she still didn't let the gloominess surface her heart.

She smiled with a chuckle "don't worry. if any such thing happens I will stop looming around yo--"

His eyes snapped up and darted straight into hers "how about just working hard enough to beat your scrappy nervousness behind and prove your worth instead? Sounds appealing, isn't it?"

Not being able to hold his stern gaze, she dropped her eyes to his neck, showing off his Lord Shiva's small pendant, as she pouted softly and nodded "I will try."