Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Heartbeats

The sun has gone to rest, the moon takes his place as the darkness begins to surround the place as Jin looked from the window

" Baby? are you okay?" Jiwon came and hugged him from the back. 

The man stared at the road before turning to face her, concern all over his face " The road to the city from here is dangerous, We shouldn't let Y/N go alone."

Jiwon glanced uncomfortably at her boyfriend,the beat of her heart echoed inside her, he knew she did something wrong. " Jin.....s-should we stop her ?" The girl said, more like a whisper. 

" Her boss called her, We can't tell her not to go." He sighed. Being in a relationship with her for about three years, Jin grow to read her expression and the one she was making now wasn't quite a good one." Jiwon? Is there something I don't know?" 

Before Jiwon start talking again when you walked downstairs.

" Jiwon sshi..." You walked toward her holding a bag " I am sorry I didn't get you a birthday gift but I hope you accept this..." You opened the bag and took the small Jazmine shrubs " When I heard it's a mountain house I knew you'll have a place where you can put those, I thought it will be fun and memorable if you plant them together with someone you love..." You shyly looked down a little embarrassed and scared of looking at her reaction " W-watching grow can be so beautiful..." 

You looked at the girl,  she gave you a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through you. She liked it

" T-that's so sweet.." She took the shrubs even though they were a bit dirty. " It's.....P-probably the best gift I received." Her eyes looked at the shrubs like a mother looks at her babies, the girl bite her lips and looked up to your happy eyes.

" I am glad you like it." You smiled more " Thanks for having me here, I should get going now."

Jiwon's smile died faster than wisps of smoke dissipated after a candle flame has been snuffed out when you mentioned leaving, The girl felt bad but when she looked at Yuju she just looked down feeling guilty yet powerless. 

with that you said goodbye to everyone, and left.

-

About an hour later. 

The door clicked open and a man wearing a black hoodie over his head and a half cover face mask as if he didn't want to face anyone entered.