Part 4: Mount Nagatomo and Shinobu's Reunion

Hey guys, I'm back with the next chapter. I would like to give credits to velcroe for assisting me with this chapter.

*Lets get rolling*

Part 4- Mount Nagatomo and Shinobu's Reunion

"I'm still here; I will always be by your side". Shinobu told (Y/N) smiling softly.

"Shinobu I--" a finger pushed against Y/N's cold lips.

"You don't need to burden yourself with everything anymore"

Y/N looked deep into Shinobu's purple eyes, seeing her genuine wish for him not to shoulder all the problems. He brushed her hair away from her face, lips brushing against her forehead in a form of a silent promise.

Shinobu shut her eyes, knowing that this was the best she was going to get out of him. Y/N then turned slightly, grasping Shinobu's face cradling her head, his eyes boring into her violet orbs. His thumb brushed the swell of her cheek drinking in her appearance. Y/N was overcome with the strong swell of emotions he always felt when he was with her.

Y/N pulled her closer, lips claimed hers in a heated kiss as Shinobu slipped her hands around his neck. He shifted his position climbing over her body supporting himself with his arm as he looked at her. Shinobu reached up wiping a tear halfway down. "We will share our sorrow and pain together, you don't have to hide it anymore, I'm here" she whispered, eyes soft and sincere. Passion and love overwhelmed Y/N, capturing Shinobu's lips once more as Shinobu undid his shirt, legs wrapping around his waist pulling him closer.

It was here in her arms that the world made sense to Y/N, that everything felt right.

__________________

When Y/N woke up, Shinobu was no longer in the bed. He left the room and there he found her in her poison room working with her poisons against demons. "Shinobu I-" he was cut off by Shinobu asking him if he will be staying with them now. "No, I'm actually here to say goodbye again, I'm not yet strong enough to protect you but when I come back I promise you I will be strong enough. Also, I... Shinobu I" Y/N couldn't finish his sentence, he wanted to tell her he love her, he wanted to kiss her again but for some strange reason, he was frozen.

Shinobu then stood and gave him a light peck in his lips, smiling. "Okay! Be back soon!" Her smile is back again, the fake smile that Y/N hated so much - the smile that hides her true feelings. But he knew that there must be a reason why she's forcing herself to smile that way, Kanae did love her smiling face - maybe that's the reason why, and as he was walking away the butterfly estate, he made himself a promise that he will make her smile again, a true genuine happy smile.

As he was leaving the butterfly estate, Y/N realized something important that he forgot. He stealthy rushed back to the butterfly estate and appeared in the room where Shinobu was continuing creating her poisons. He sneaked up to her and hugged her from behind, causing Shinobu to drop the glass tube with the poison on the table she had been working on. "I want to entrust something to you, Shinobu close your eyes." There Shinobu felt the cold touch of a metallic object against her skin and a string around her neck. She opened her eyes and there was a plain silver ring on her chest tied like a necklace. "Think of this is as a protective charm, it will protect you while I'm away. It was my parents' ring and I'm entrusting this to you, Think of this as an exchange present for the earring you gave me back then." And with that Y/N left the butterfly estate.

_________________

A year passed and Y/N's training is finally complete, thanks to the help of the other pillars. He planned on returning to the butterfly estate to surprise Shinobu and the butterfly girls but before he could even think of what items to bring back to them, he was summoned to the headquarters for a mission to bring Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado from Nagatomo mountain to Oyakata sama. He wasn't aware however that Giyuu and Shinobu were also ordered to rescue the hunters and kill the demon suspected to be a member of the 12 demon moons.