Part 13: Pillar Training

Tracy back here with another chapter for my Shinobu story. Well then lets get the ball rolling. 

_________

That day, Shinobu ordered blood samples and further assessments of Y/N's injuries and status, but when the results came in, Shinobu saw a pause for concern. His blood report showed that there was an overdose of a drug in his blood that came from unknown origins. Indicating that it must have been taken for a long time now for that specific amount to be flowing in his system. Out of curiosity and concern she brought out all her medical journals, articles and books that could shed light on identifying this drug but none of them could identify this drug compound.

This caused further concerns and thoughts to run in Shinobu's mind. "Is there a relation between his coughing and this drug? What is happening to him? He's completely healthy. The blood report showed there were no signs of premature disease or infection." She questioned herself with a hint of concern and frustration that she couldn't locate what was wrong with her love.

___________

In the study room of the Butterfly Estate, Shinobu is sitting on her chair holding Y/N's medical chart and blood report in her hand and a pen in the other, spinning the pen with her fingers. Y/N was next to her swinging himself on the patient's chair. But Shinobu halted him with a sharp glare. He turned slightly, feeling the chill of a sharp glare and looked at her.

"Shinobu?" He asked tilting his head, his index finger on his chin as a sign curiosity at what Shinobu had to say. She smacked him at the back of his head with her clipboard for his stupidity. He rubbed the back of his head to soothe the stinging pain as Shinobu discussed his medical report with him.

"I can't find anything that warrants major concern but you still need bed rest." Shinobu said as she began flipping through Y/N's medical report going through the report of her love. But she specifically skipped the part where it stated that Y/N had an overdose drug in his blood. She looked up at him expecting to see an angry face at the mention with the word bed rest. He was a hyperactive boy and liked exploring out on the fields. Simply put, he will be caught dead outside in the snow than to rest at home from the cold. And the angry face she expected was there.

"Bed rest?" Y/N protested and abruptly stood up from his chair. Y/N threw out his arm in disregard and began stomping one foot on the floor throwing a temper tantrum. "I need to be out there in the field! What if a demon decides to show up and hurt you! Then what do I do? You expect me here to just sleep and do nothing?" Y/N protested.

"Y/N" Shinobu simply stated, catching his attention. "Grow up! Accept that things sometimes never go your way!" She added glaring at him like a mom scolding her son. She held her sword and scabbard out like a beating cane, looking like she was ready to beat him with her sword.

"Mommy Shinobu...But...but...anything but the cane" Y/N hesitated sniffing in between his words, tears began forming in his eyes rolling down his cheeks. He remembered when he was young and often misbehaved, Shinobu's dad would beat his butt with a wooden cane with his pants down until he complied. "Shinobu is a selfish meanie idiot!" Y/N childishly stomped his foot on the floor again throwing out meaningless words in anger. Acting like a child looking for immediate gratification after his mom had just taken his favourite toy away, like it was going down a never-ending hole never to be retrieved again.

"Ara..ara" Shinobu said holding her hand up to her mouth, smiling slightly. "Do you want to go out for...walkies...again?" She teased emphasising the second last word to tease him after seeing his childish act. She placed the clipboard down, turning slightly facing Y/N and placing her small hands on his cheek. Her hands felt cold to the touch and she began pinching his cheeks like a baby.