Part 14: Dimensional Fortress: Anguish, Tactician Y/N Kocho

Tracy here! Guys! the next chapters out! This is the moment you've all been waiting for! Let's find out!

Let's get started!
_____________
At the Butterfly Estate garden, Y/N was kneeling next to the koi fish pond poking the reflection on the water as it rippled distorting his reflection. Thoughts ran through his mind. "Why was I saved? What was I even saved to do? What was I even saved to do for Shinobu?" He thought as he continued to poke his reflection on the water distorting his face. Hating himself for the mess that was created.

"Y/N?" Shinobu asked as she slowly approached Y/N from behind. Her current emotions were calm like the sea on a sunny day, but deep in her heart was a raging storm on the sea, violent waves clashing with each other that could destroy ships.

When Y/N heard Shinobu's voice he stood up and turned around forcing a smile on his lips. "Ah? Shinobu! Can we have fried chicken for dinner tonight? It's my special day today!" Y/N pleaded Shinobu, giving her puppy dog look. "If possible Shinobu, I want you to cook. The food you make is much more fragrant and juicy than what Aoi makes it." He continued smiling.

"Is there something you would like to tell me directly?" Shinobu asked her eyes covered by the bangs of her hair. "I just want you to be open and honest to me." She begged balling her hands into fists and tightened it. It was like she was begging to hear the whole truth form Y/N himself. She wanted him to be open and honest with her, like she was calling out to give him an opportunity to explain himself.

"I-I don't know what...you're talking about." Y/N turned his head slightly narrowing his eyes escaping Shinobu's glance, his eyes staring at the ground with guilt.

This statement angered Shinobu. She trusted him. Despite caring for him to the point of her own recklessness, yet Y/N kept such a sensitive secret from her since her parents and sister's death. She closed her purple eyes for a second then opened them again, she hesitated before she raised her right hand as she slapped Y/N across the face, causing it to swell and sting in pain. Y/N held a palm onto his swollen cheeks, tears building up in his eyes, unable to hold it in.

When Shinobu slapped Y/N across the face, she saw his butterfly earring. Memories of day they accepted Y/N into her family flooded her mind. Y/N kept silent as he continued holding his hand to soothe the stinging pain on his right cheek. He was shaking, trying to hold back his tears. Sniffing as he wiped them on his sleeve. Y/N knew what Shinobu's slaps feel like, but this time, the slap she gave him hurt more.

"I provided you with an opportunity to tell me the truth just now and yet you're still lying to me, Y/N" Shinobu said narrowing her eyes, veins bulging from her forehead. "You're a demon just like the rest of them, telling lies to save yourself " Shinobu was angry at the thought that Y/N only protected her because of the guilt he had been feeling all the years that her parents and Kanae died. It wasn't because he loved her.

"Shinobu, believe me! I didn't kill anyone with my own hands!" Y/N said as he tried his best to convince Shinobu. His words hesitated in between sniffs, wiping his tears on his sleeve.

Shinobu closed her eyes, turned and sarcastically laughed. "You're still lying Y/N. There is nothing I can do for you anymore." Shinobu unbuttoned the top part of her black jacket as she removed the necklace that Y/N gave her snapping it off her neck. She dangled it in front of Y/N and Y/N watched in shock as Shinobu threw his beloved ring into the pond. "I never cared for it." Shinobu smiled sarcastically. "I don't need your ring to protect me!"

Y/N's expression turned into a frown as he shamefully looked towards the ground, hurt by her words, trying to hide his tears building up in his eyes. "Shinobu! Why did you do that?! You know that's the only memento I have of my parents!" Y/N said desperately looking for an explanation for her sudden action. Shinobu had just thrown his most treasured memento in the pond and told him that she never respected the ring he gave her. The ring was important to Y/N, it was a keepsake of his father.