Part 8: Suspected Traitor amongst the demon slayers

Hey Guys, Tracy here back with another chapter of Shinobu Kocho X Male Reader. I apologise for not uploading this last week as I was caught up in some personal issues so I'm back now and here's another chapter of the story you've all been waiting for. 

--Lets get rolling-

Chapter 8: Suspected Traitor amongst the slayers

When the fight with Akaza turned to an end, all Kakushi arrived to clean up the area where the fight occurred. There they saw the injured bodies of Rengoku, Tanjiro, Zentisu and Inosuke lying on the floor unconscious and in their injured state. However, one more thing caught their attention, Y/N was not there among the injured and there was a blood trail near where everyone was that lead to the nearby forest. The female Kakushi first responded and followed the blood trail into the thick forest but the blood trail ended half way. The blood was thick and a large blood puddle filled the nose of the Kakushi with the thick scent of iron and hints of demonic scent on the blood. There she deduced that the blood belonged to Y/N and he was definitely injured. A concerned look grew on her face and she kneeled down to investigate it.

"Y/N sure is lucky to have someone like Kocho Sama to take care of him." The female Kakushi said as her eyebrows furrowed. "Hashiras are sure scary! I can't imagine what Kocho Sama will do if she finds out!" Her expression then shivered at the thought of Shinobu's angry face when they report to her that Y/N is nowhere to be found. She then shivered at the thought of seeing Shinobu's smile.

"I'm jealous! Y/N might be part demon but he's so handsome." Another female Kakushi replies to the comment.

"Both of you! Get back to work! Kocho Sama will really have my head if we don't find Kocho san!" A Male Kakushi ordered his two subordinates. They were all scared of the Hashiras and shivered at the fact that he mentioned the Insect Pillar's name. They then started imagining what Shinobu sama would do to them if she found out they couldn't find Y/N. The only thing they found was the broken sword that belonged to Y/N but they had lost track of Y/N in the middle of the forest. The Kakushi panicked and sent out an urgent request to Oyakata sama.

The messenger crow that were next to all the Pillars cawed before delivering its final message. "Kyōjurō Rengoku, Kamado Tanjiro and two others are injured from battling upper moon 3. Kocho Y/N has been missing since after the battle. All Pillars please make your way to the Butterfly Estate for an urgent meeting for this matter."

Both Shinobu and Mitsuri having heard the message from the messenger crows immediately ran to the Butterfly Estate. Mitsuri was sitting peacefully and happily eating sakura mochi cakes immediately looked concerned leaving her uneaten mochi cakes on the bench before running towards the butterfly estate while Shinobu, on the other hand, was on a trip and immediately grew concerned and headed back to the butterfly estate.

There some of the Pillars had arrived when the Kakushi arrived at the Butterfly Estate with the injured Rengoku,Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu on their backs as a rare sight greeted their presence. Shinobu was already standing in front of them with her colleagues.

"I'm terribly embarrassed to have to report this but we still can't find the whereabouts of Kocho san but we were able to find a broken piece of his nichirin blade." The Male Kakushi pulled out an object covered by a handkerchief, he opened it and there was the broken hilt part of Y/N's blade. Shinobu took it and brightly smiled at the Male Kakushi but the Kakushi excused himself and ran away from her "I can't take this! Shinobu sama acts too scary with anything when it comes to Kocho san! Just now I felt that bloodlust aura from her even though she was smiling!"