1K Vote Special: Demon Slayer Final Selection Examination (Shinobu, Y/N)

Kocho Shinobu Wifey here...I apologize for the delay in my story submission. 

Enjoy!

1K Special: Demon Slayer Final Selection Examination (Shinobu, Y/N)

*Somewhere on the foot of Fujikasane Mountain*

At the foot of Fujikasane Mountain stood a ring of wisteria trees were demons are trapped, caught by demon slayers. The task of being a demon slayer was to survive inside the demon infested mountain for 7 days. Y/N and Shinobu were among the few who were standing together at the foot of the mountain ready to enter. Y/N wore a shirt with flame patterns and regular pants while Shinobu wore a plain shirt and hakama pants. "Shinobu, I don't feel so good..." Y/N said with a sickly pale face, one hand shyly gasping the back of Shinobu's shirt while the other participants around their same age group look at the them.

One girl from the group stood out from the bunch. Her name is Megumi, an athletic and pretty girl most proficient in breath of water style. A student who used to study under the same teacher as Giyuu – Urokodaki the previous water pillar after her family fell victim to a vicious demon attack leaving her orphaned. She was a girl with flowing black hair tied up in a ponytail with a hair tie that resembled cat ears, always with a smile on her face. Her iris was yellow like a cat.

Y/N was hiding behind Shinobu like a scared child. Childishly peaking over her shoulder, his eyes glancing around. He was scared, threatened by the presence of the wisteria trees growing around the mountain. Y/N knew what they were and that the trees were poisonous to him.

"It's the wisteria flowers! I'm getting sick from the toxic flowers!" Y/N whined like a baby, his grasp on Shinobu's shirt tightened. Crying wolf, looking for sympathy. "These flowers are too pretty and toxic. Pretty and toxic like you." He teased. Smiling slightly as he began comparing Shinobu to the flowers. "Shinobu sure is scary." Then remembered Shinobu reminded him of a certain reptile.

"Here" Y/N pulled out a small book of animals Shinobu brought him for his birthday. He then pointed at a blue pit viper turning the book to show Shinobu what he was pointing at. "This is a western reptile called a blue pit viper. This snake is just like you. Pretty but deadly and and...."

He smiled while he compared Shinobu to the snake. Y/N began to wonder if it was the same for humans and reminded himself to stay away from pretty girls except Shinobu. A pretty girl that is too toxic for him. A girl that was out of his league yet still he was madly in love with her.

"Also pretty while docile and friendly but kills when angry. Sounds like someone I know pretty well." He teased, sticking his finger up how Shinobu usually does. "You don't have to be shy, Shinobu."

"Ara, that's an awful lot coming from someone who has such as short attention span. You see a butterfly in the garden and run off without even finishing your homework."

"But! Shinobu, a butterfly is way more attractive than any homework. They fly around and land on your finger and you can play with them" Y/N tried to convince Shinobu defending why he preferred butterflies than homework. "Homework is so bland and boring it's just fill in the blanks and spelling out words. I don't see what's the use of homework and classes anyway. I don't see any use for this, I know how to spell out words like rice, pancakes, fried chicken so I don't need to know anything else. It's too difficult for me anyways because I'll never be smart like you."

"Ara, do I only hear excuses coming out from your mouth" Shinobu scoffed, irritated and tired of Y/N's excuses. "I'm tired with all your excuses."